SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-06-07, 02:48 AM   #1
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Talking Bought a new K7

Just thought I would share my excitement with you guys as I have just purchased my first bike and have bought myself a new black SV650 K7 with lowers and a seat cowl . I pick her up next Saturday.

Am hopefully going to attend the AR07 ride out so that I can meet everyone and start learning from the experts. Do you think there will be any issues with my attendance considering I am a complete newbie to riding (passed three weeks ago) and will be limited to 5000 rpm?

------------------------------------------------

For those of you who are interested in getting a similar spec bike in the near future this is the deal that I managed to get (I am now hoping that its a gooden ):

- K7 SV650s in black (listed at £4599 on the road)
- Lower fairing (newly listed for 2007 at a little over £400)
- Seat cowl (newly listed for 2007 at a little over £50)

Should cost over: £5059
Total price paid: £4599
Saving of over: £450

The dealer was more than a little annoyed at me because after he gave me his best price - a pathetic £4950 - I rang 12 other dealers in an effort to get the price as low as possible and then told him to match it or lose it!

Why did I choose the K7 and not the K6?
- all but two dealers had sold out of the K6 (each dealer only had one left)
- the two bikes were both in the same colour (and that colour wasn't to my taste i.e. they weren't black)
- the best price they would give me for the K6 was £4399

It is also worth noting that Suzuki are no longer selling the K7 in the sport version so the previous offer of £4699 for a sport is no longer available. Suzuki have increased the prices of their accessories considerably. Finally, the Suzuki website is out of date as the prices on their new accessories brochure are much more expensive than those listed online, it also looks like the Sport is still available on the website but unfortunately that only relates to the K6.

PS - I don't know what you guys think, but I was thoroughly unimpressed by Infinity motorcycles (in Clapham and Farnham). One of their reps lied about several details over the phone in an effort to get me to visit their shop, they seemed to use very agressive sales tactics and their reps came across as both disorganised and uninformed.

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-07, 07:25 AM   #2
kwak zzr

Default Re: Bought a new K7

4599 is a decent price for a new k7 model, mate of mine had a k6 about 9 months ago and paid 4799 with no extras, post some piccys up when you get it.
Old 17-06-07, 10:09 AM   #3
rs_tubby

hey mate glad you got your first bike and a new one at that, i got my k6 sport 4 days ago and am loving every moment of it, you say your restricted to 5000rpm but its only because your running it in, after 600 miles you can open it up further, if you mean you have a restricted liecence then you will not be restricted with revs but with power (33hp) so it will still rev the same just not be as powerful, just remember to run it in first though, you dont wanna be going and blowing up your new bike
Old 17-06-07, 10:37 AM   #4
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwestuk View Post

Am hopefully going to attend the AR07 ride out so that I can meet everyone and start learning from the experts. Do you think there will be any issues with my attendance considering I am a complete newbie to riding (passed three weeks ago) and will be limited to 5000 rpm?
Easy way to avoid that:

Get the first service booked now for Thursday 28th, and get out there and RIDE the bike. 600 miles is four or five evenings' bimbling around - it'll soon stack up.

Last edited by Dan; 17-06-07 at 10:40 AM.
Old 17-06-07, 10:58 AM   #5
Pedrosa

I just wonder, is a person who strives for the biggest discount when buying, willing to pass on the same amount of discount when selling?

Nice bike choice btw.
Old 17-06-07, 08:08 PM   #6
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrosa View Post
I just wonder, is a person who strives for the biggest discount when buying, willing to pass on the same amount of discount when selling?

Nice bike choice btw.
Its a dog eat dog world out there buddy. I guess it depends on how desperate I was to sell the bike. Overall I have no interest in seeing my dealer make higher profits so I'm not going to worry about them too much - after all they know what their margins are so they wouldn't sell it to me at a loss!

Having thought about it I don't think I will make it up to the AR07. I think that driving up to the the dales from London in one day might be a bit much for me at the moment + a long motorway trip on a new bike probably isnt the best thing.

Finally, to clear things up the bike isnt restriced but I do have to run her in for the first 600 miles.

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-07, 08:41 PM   #7
CB1ROCKET

Nice choice, has this got the twin spark plug per cylinder head engine?
Old 17-06-07, 08:57 PM   #8
BILLY

Get your self to AR07 everyone is welcome 21Quest will be there and he rides like a girl!

Last edited by BILLY; 17-06-07 at 08:59 PM. Reason: To wind up Ben
Old 17-06-07, 09:04 PM   #9
Tomcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLY View Post
Get your self to AR07 everyone is welcome 21Quest will be there and he rides like a girl!

cough cough ... and what exactly does that mean

Old 17-06-07, 09:13 PM   #10
BILLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
cough cough ... and what exactly does that mean

Sorry didn't meen to offend see my reason for the Edit

Any whoo Jenny on the pennine massive ride out kept passing me To be honnest all of the ladies showed me up