SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-06-07, 06:28 PM   #1
oldjack

Default Steve Ives, forgotten hero?

Just had my bike serviced at a little local back street lock up by a pleasant unassuming guy called Steve Ives. No, I hadn't heard of him either, but I have now!

Scruffy race bike outside had old TT stickers on it so I went home & searched for Steve Ives on tinternet, turns out he was beating the likes of Joey Dunlop & Steve Hislop in the 400 & 600 cc TT and was British Supersport 400 & 600 cc Champion in the early 90's! I did a lot of fawning when I paid my bill, the guy is genuinely unaware that he was once a hero, a true riding god!

Does anybody know any more about his achievements? He seems to scratch a living tinkering with bikes, anything from race bikes to scooters (and my SV ).

I shall definitely be having all my servicing & repairs done there in future, the guy deserves some recognition. I urge all local org members to do the same, he did a good thorough job. The address is 3 Dawson St., Redfearn Industrial Estate, Hyde, Cheshire.