SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-12-13, 02:17 PM   #31
stuR

Default Re: Gsxr 600 srad surging at constant throttle

Ill have a look after xmas when i take another look at the bike but as far as i remeber its in fine condition..
Old 16-01-14, 05:48 PM   #32
stuR

Still havent had time to check the carbs/hoses but the saga continues with two other problems

Heated grips have started playing up

Today the speedo needle kept jumping up, sometimes a few mph sometime like 15mph more than i was doing!

Im unsure if these are related to the surging issue and that my whole problem is electrical, or if i just have a variety of problems. Any advice? I need to ask my dad to check the grips with the multimeter, theyre oxford ones which were working fine until on one ride they stopped working. Now when i try to turn them on i get the power light come on, the 30% heat light flash a few times then it all turns off. This is a different sequence to the smart 'no power' light sequence which keeps the power light on and just flashs the 30% light until the revs pick up and it registers sufficient charge
Old 24-11-14, 11:16 PM   #33
stuR

Ive got round to looking at the bike recently as after my off in May i haven't ridden until late october.

Need some more help with this. Ive taken the carbs off and cleaned them, checked the vacuum hoses whilst there are all is well. Problem is still no better. I also have electrical issues, so i cant be sure the running issue is fuel or electrical. Any help?!?
Old 25-11-14, 12:09 PM   #34
Corny Gizmo

Start simple, are the battery connections clean and tight?
Old 25-11-14, 03:47 PM   #35
Trev B

If you cleaned the carbs out you may well need to get them balanced,I had the same problem some years ago with my honda cb 750!!!
Trev B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-14, 06:43 PM   #36
stuR

Battery connections sound. Ive had this issue well over a year so any silly things like that should have been eliminated over time by other maintenance. The carbs were balanced before the cleaning a while back and im pretty sure it isnt a balancing issue.
Old 26-11-14, 08:08 PM   #37
wideguy

Is there water in the gas? Sorry if somebody already asked, and you've checked.
Old 26-11-14, 08:44 PM   #38
stuR

yup petrol tank has been emptied after the issue started and still remains.
Old 08-12-14, 11:32 PM   #39
stuR

Any more for anymore? feel like im flogging a dead srad right now! Trouble is I wont/wouldnt want to sell the bike as it is now without solving the issue
Old 10-12-14, 01:21 AM   #40
Arran

Carb set up. Has it got an open pipe/ air filter? Gsxrs are also prone to wearing out carb parts so might need a rebuild whats the mileage?