SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-02-15, 08:36 PM   #1
rickylp

Default 1 piece suit

Ok so I've always had 2 piece leathers but having a track day booked for later in the year I thought I'd get myself a 1 piece suit. Well having bought it second hand from someone who is the same height as me and roughly the same weight I'm wondering how tight it should be around the crotch area?? I have quite a long torso so it's quite tight around the crotch area but not bad when bent down a touch. Think male camel toe.
Old 05-02-15, 11:30 PM   #2
BanannaMan

Default Re: 1 piece suit

Should not be that tight.

Might try an athletic supporter, I have to wear one anytime I ride a bike.
Get one designed for swimming as they have a narrower waist band and are more comfy under leathers. (or jeans)
If that doesn't work I'd consider getting different leathers, could cause a worse injury in an off than you got from hitting the deck.

Like the cowboys use to say in the old west,
If you're toting a big gun you're going to need a holster.

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-15, 09:52 AM   #3
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I bought my first one-piece few years back, and tried on about half a dozen different ones. I was amazed at the difference in proportions, a couple I couldn't get stand up in, like out of the chair, not even standing up straight! Mine is a bit constrictive around the ol' anaconda when stood totally straight but that's all, I can walk for a coffee, but for sure it's more comfy when in the pose. You're the one wearing it though, so it's hard to say for us. If it fits everywhere else then I might go with it, also I only wear mine on the track which isn't so often, not on the road all the time.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-15, 10:52 AM   #4
rickylp

Yes I can stand straight but a tad restrictive. I think it's just the fact I have a long torso that makes it a little bit tight around the nads
Old 06-02-15, 11:56 PM   #5
stuR

At the end of the day do you want to be uncomfortable whilst hooning round a track day? Not the best.