SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-08-17, 07:45 PM   #4771
Andy Mc

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
Yeah it is the sensible thing to do, but it all falls apart when you filter unfortunately

It looks like a little bit of glass in the tyre

Nice - love the forums! just learnt a bit more about biking and filtering just by reading Gripes of other bikers lol, sorry for your mishaps but I now learnt where to place my wheels better/or where not to place them.. I unfortunately without even ever taking my bike out, have got a big A$$ nail in my rear tyre?
Andy Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 08:47 PM   #4772
Red ones
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev B View Post
Management has been the biggest problem in the UK for the last 40 years.Many have no people skills,or idea how the work force actually work,They march into positions by having a degree in bean counting or a relative there and wallop top table,even in my last interview I was asked " can the manager of a chocolate factory manage a coal mine", the answer was YES,Managers manage,that's what managers do !!!! Summed it up one question for me.

Sadly, I tend to agree. Too many get into management without skills or training and often those in charge of them have no more of a clue. And this comes from a qualified manager.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 11:18 PM   #4773
Heorot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev B View Post
Management has been the biggest problem in the UK for the last 40 years.Many have no people skills,or idea how the work force actually work,They march into positions by having a degree in bean counting or a relative there and wallop top table,even in my last interview I was asked " can the manager of a chocolate factory manage a coal mine", the answer was YES,Managers manage,that's what managers do !!!! Summed it up one question for me.
As an IT contractor I had many managers. The best one by far had no IT experience at all.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-17, 06:20 AM   #4774
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

My gripe today is one that won't affect many of you. The menopause! Migraines, fat relocating itself to my belly so I look like a beer guzzler and memory loss. I'm only 46 and I've already been on HRT 2 years. Some of my friends are still popping out their first kids at the same age. Is it too late to have a sex change?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-17, 07:34 AM   #4775
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red ones View Post
Sadly, I tend to agree. Too many get into management without skills or training and often those in charge of them have no more of a clue. And this comes from a qualified manager.
I am firmly of the opinion that (just like teachers) good managers are born, and not the product of training (it is an innate skill, a product of nature, not nurture). I have prime examples of teachers with two of my sister-in-laws, one has a first class degree and is a crap teacher the other one 'only has a teaching certificate' (as the one with the degree often moans) but has been deputy head for quite a while (she was offered heads position but declined as did not want the extra responsibility).

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-17, 11:08 AM   #4776
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Is it too late to have a sex change?
would your fella have to have one as well? to keep things even?
Old 09-08-17, 11:14 AM   #4777
ophic
Mega Poster

Energy companies. What's the point in sending in meter readings when they just make up the numbers anyway?

They say "your reading was rejected by the industry" but it's what my flippin meter says...

It doesn't make much difference this time around as I'm switching suppliers so it's simply a case of which company gets to charge me for which units, but in the past I had a huge issue with British Gas where I gave them the same readings on 5 separate occasions for them to send me 5 revised bills with the wrong readings on them. In the end I refused to pay their bill.

As far as customer interaction, all they do is receive readings and bill accordingly. You'd think they'd be good at it by now.
Old 09-08-17, 01:59 PM   #4778
timwilky
Mega Poster

Test Pilots.

Noisy sod has made about 10 passes in a Typhoon over my house. It was good in the very old days when they still flew lightening out of Warton. Full reheat as they lifted the wheels as soon as they felt they were off the ground, until the day the chap was a tad early and the tail struck the runway. So looking forward to F35s disturbing me. But here he goes again.

Boys in their expensive toys.
Old 09-08-17, 02:07 PM   #4779
timwilky
Mega Poster

FFS he has done another pass. Whatever they are testing? Warton is on the Ribble estuary he could be giving the work dodgers in Blackpool a display instead of disturbing my conference calls. Sounds nice. But I have 10 Indian engineers saying we cannot hear you at each double pass. Out and then back again.
Old 09-08-17, 06:58 PM   #4780
shiftin_gear98

The weather today. Where the **** has summer gone! ****ing down all day. Soaked going to work, drowned coming home. Tomorrow's gripe, having to put on cold damp riding gear.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote