SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-08-17, 07:34 AM   #4901
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
You can get wax earplugs which block out almost everything
I know, been there - then went to doctors to get them syringed LOL

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-17, 01:46 PM   #4902
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
You've missed the £27bn or so that gets spent on housing benefit. That's not all unemployed, granted, but all unemployed folks qualify and receive it.

That £2.3bn is unemployment benefits, which is a deliberately small category. The unemployed can and do claim a lot more than that. And it outweighs military spending by a huge margin.
That's not true. My sister is unemployed but because she lives with my mum she gets no housing assistance. She still has to pay housing costs and head two children. Mum is really struggling to pay the mortgage but because she gets a small pension she also gets no housing help. When dad died mum's pension increased by a few pounds a week, as a result they increased her council tax by £80 per month so she's now much worse off. She worked until she was 70.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 28-08-17, 02:29 PM   #4903
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
She worked until she was 70.
It's is a great system where the more you paid in the less you get out, and you get most out if you never paid anything in.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-17, 04:05 PM   #4904
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
I do indeed have some and if I go to the NEC Bike Show in November I may treat myself to some custom moulded ones which should be comfortable enough for all night use. I find the rubarb and custard ones I use on the bike irritating after a few hours without a break.

Thankfully the inconsiderate revellers took their party indoors by half eleven last night and I dropped off to sleep soon after.

We live close enough to the "student village" for Bucks New Uni that every September when the new intake of freshers arrive we get a couple of bad weeks of constant noise until they realise how quickly they're drinking their funds away and they've had a few visits from the Rozzers. Just around the corner then. Oh goody.

I've tried sleeping in my custom ones and it proved very painful for me, I then tried disposable ones and that was fine. my conclusion is that because my custom ones are a rubber/plastic material and are firm, they must dig into my head. whereas disposable ones are soft and I've found they do fall out during the night, but they don't see me waking up during the night in some discomfort....
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-17, 05:43 PM   #4905
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Herring gulls. After 10 days away I was woken up them this morning and they were making a terrible racket from 4am for about 2 hours. It happens every day. We aren't near a town centre, dump or the sea, I can't find any obvious source of food attracting them. It winds the cat up so he wakes me as soon as he hears them. No wonder I'm tired all the time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 28-08-17, 06:03 PM   #4906
Trev B

Try the silicone ones from Savers,about 10 in a pack,been using them for years.I just take about 1/3 off and make into a rough cone shape and insert,never had ear infections,work well enough to at least dampen down the sound of the Flying Scotsman laid at the side of me
Old 29-08-17, 02:04 PM   #4907
Heorot

Cun*s that don't dip their headlights after being overtaken at night. Do they think that bikes don't have mirrors?

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-17, 05:50 PM   #4908
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heorot View Post
Cun*s that don't dip their headlights after being overtaken at night. Do they think that bikes don't have mirrors?
Same in vans mate.
Mine has a low and tight mirror for bollards and it bounces right into it

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-17, 10:02 PM   #4909
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Having co-workers play rock paper scissors to decide who has to work with me, in front of me without even trying to hide it. It makes me wonder how terrible I must be to be around. It scares me
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-17, 10:11 PM   #4910
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
Having co-workers play rock paper scissors to decide who has to work with me, in front of me without even trying to hide it. It makes me wonder how terrible I must be to be around. It scares me
or they want to work with you rather than someone else
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote