SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-09-09, 02:33 PM   #1
skyline

Default will bar end mirrors fit curvy?

Hi all

I'm looking to get rid of the giant antennae that passes as mirrors on my faired curvy and to get a bar end mirror instead.

After some looking about on the bay i found these I like the look of;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bar-end-mirror...d=p3286.c0.m14

However the curvies have weird clip-ons which aren't hollowed out and instead have a threaded hole for the bar ends to screw into. These mirrors are for bars with a 16.5mm - 20mm internal diameter.

Just wondering if anyone's tried fitting these to a curvy? i know that on other mirrors you can remove the fitting sleeve for the normal hollowed out bars but not sure if that's the case with these ones

Cheers everyone
Old 01-10-09, 12:08 AM   #2
skyline

Default Re: will bar end mirrors fit curvy?

Hmmm...well after days of searching I have found that these are cycle mirrors made by Busch & Muller - these have a part that fits into the hollow bars but need to figure out if it can be removed...looks like I'll grit my teeth and get them and see if they can be made to work...

incidentally has anyone been able to fit Oberon Streetfighter bar end mirrors to the curvy?

bleedin curvy clip-ons...

Sorry for the bump all