SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 02-01-08, 02:21 PM   #1
Rosie

Default For Sale: SV650S K6 - Flame Red - under 900 miles

Sadly, I have to sell my bike - for a couple of reasons....

I'm getting married in August and could do with the money to make some kind of contribution to the day - change of job means that I could do with a few more magic beans, but they just never go far enough.

So, consequently, I'll be selling my baby. To be honest, she's not been enjoyed enough, though she looks stunning under her covers in the garage.

Totally standard, exactly as she came out the factory, not put 900 miles on the clock yet. She's on an 06 plate, never been dropped or crashed, but has a couple of small scratches where she had to be laid down after I lost my footing on loose gravel.

I don't know what she is worth - I know what the book price is on the new one, but I haven't spoken to any dealers yet. I bought her on finance, so there is that to clear - any advice about that one would be gratefully recieved.

Likewise, if anyone is interested in her, please let me know. I can email pictures, but don't know how to upload them.

I'm mortified to have to sell her, but I will have another one at some point!!!
Old 02-01-08, 02:25 PM   #2
Stig

Default Re: For Sale: SV650S K6 - Flame Red - under 900 miles

If your selling to fund something else, considering you have bought it on finance, I'd be surprised if there was much left in the pot after you paid off your finance. Which would make selling it for the cash a bit pointless.

I'd keep it ride it more.
Old 02-01-08, 02:31 PM   #3
G
Mega Poster

Sorry for jumping in, thought I would try an answer your fianance question.

The normal way to sort outstanding finance is......Say you wish to sell your bike for £3400 and there is £3000 outstanding

1) Buyer writes a cheque out for the sum remaining on the fianance of £3000, made payable to whoever the fianance is with.

2) The remaning £400 is handed to you.

That is the way I have normally dealt with outstanding fianance, it provides the buyer with peace of mind that the fianance has been laid to rest and no one will be coming to reposses the bike.

Shame your having to sell up though, the nice seasons are fast approaching
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-08, 02:32 PM   #4
Rosie

Thanks for the reply. Finance was 0% Suzuki offer as I bought the bike brand new. Should be something out of it, I hope!
Old 02-01-08, 02:36 PM   #5
Rosie

Thanks for the info Graeme - that makes sense.

It is such a shame that I have to let it go, but the way I look at it, if I can pick up something very cheaply to insure and ride out every now and then, then I should be in a reasonable position when I come to buy another SV.

Just feel a bit guilty that my other half is paying for everything when I have a bike sitting in the garage doing nothing at the moment...
Old 02-01-08, 03:04 PM   #6
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
Just feel a bit guilty that my other half is paying for everything when I have a bike sitting in the garage doing nothing at the moment...
Yes....BUT....

I bet she has thousands of pounds worth of clothing in maybe...2 massive wardrobes if my girlfriend is anything to go by, they are just sat there 25% maybe still have the labels on, another 50% never get worn. YET they are there to 'keep her happy' just like your bike is for you.....I bet you wouldnt see her selling them.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-08, 03:11 PM   #7
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Some maths for you, using AVERAGE made up numbers.

Cost of 06 SV = £4500

18 payments (assumes June 06 buy) £2250

Remaining Finance £2250

Means that the first £2250 you get will go to Suzuki.

If you bought at the beginning of the 06 plate (March) then its the 1st £1875 to them.

If it was one of the last of the O6's (like mine) then £2500 is theirs.

I would think that £3000 is the best you will do for a second hand 06 - even with low mileage as there is a common train of thought that low milage bikes can be as much touble as high milage bikes.

This is especially true of the fact that minus the VAT, the bike was only £3712.50.

You would however save an extra £1000 from not making the £125/month payments.

Hope these numbers help

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-08, 03:14 PM   #8
Rosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemepaterson View Post
Yes....BUT....

I bet she has thousands of pounds worth of clothing in maybe...2 massive wardrobes if my girlfriend is anything to go by, they are just sat there 25% maybe still have the labels on, another 50% never get worn. YET they are there to 'keep her happy' just like your bike is for you.....I bet you wouldnt see her selling them.
Other half's name is Neil - his wardrobe is more extensive than mine, but I out do him on the shoes - especially the knee high boots with the killer stilleto heels!!!
He doesn't have a bike though - but he liked the idea of a biker chick girlfriend....!

It's just temporary....
Old 02-01-08, 03:22 PM   #9
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
Other half's name is Neil - his wardrobe is more extensive than mine, but I out do him on the shoes - especially the knee high boots with the killer stilleto heels!!!
He doesn't have a bike though - but he liked the idea of a biker chick girlfriend....!

It's just temporary....
I got all facts based and missed out the point I was trying to make.

I think that selling things that you like/want and will replace in the future is a VERY short-sighted move.

Lets say you get £2725 for it them after having paid half of it you will have £500, add to that the £1000 in saved payments and its only £1500.

You then need to buy another bike in a years time say, so you will find yourself having spent a lot to save a little.

If £1500 is going to be your contribution from selling the bike, you would possibly be better off taking out a loan for £1500 and paying that off than selling the bike for little profit and then buying another one.

Yea, I am ignoring insurance, road-tax and fuel costs to keep it simple

Bottom line - dont sell :P

David

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-08, 03:24 PM   #10
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Some maths for you, using AVERAGE made up numbers.

Cost of 06 SV = £4500

18 payments (assumes June 06 buy) £2250

Remaining Finance £2250

Means that the first £2250 you get will go to Suzuki.

If you bought at the beginning of the 06 plate (March) then its the 1st £1875 to them.

If it was one of the last of the O6's (like mine) then £2500 is theirs.

I would think that £3000 is the best you will do for a second hand 06 - even with low mileage as there is a common train of thought that low milage bikes can be as much touble as high milage bikes.

This is especially true of the fact that minus the VAT, the bike was only £3712.50.

You would however save an extra £1000 from not making the £125/month payments.

Hope these numbers help
That's what I said but I said it more compacted.