SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-03-05, 03:44 PM   #1
sprocket

Default Putting original can back on...

Hi I've got a quick question about putting the old can back on me bike. When I bought the bike it had a viper race can slip on , on it. Now I have to put the old one on before the MOT and was wondering how easy it is to get the old can back on. I've read that the pipes need cutting before putting the race cans on, but does this affect putting the old can back on?

Any advice welcome
Old 23-03-05, 03:49 PM   #2
PoRk ChOp

You will need a connector, a small tube which slides over the origional cut to link the existing pipe work to the old exhaust. Mine came in the box with the new exhaust
Old 23-03-05, 04:00 PM   #3
Anonymous

Im not sure there's much bother now. Might be worth asking when you book bike in 'Will I have to put stock can back on'.
The e marks arnt looked for but shouldnt say not for road use, althougth theres still mention of noise levels in MOT docs last time it was posted on here. Thats all I think, soemone will clarify shortly no doubt.

You never know what they may say (especially if you ask in person so they can see the cut of your jib).
Old 23-03-05, 05:58 PM   #4
pjsv650s

if you need a reconnector pipe, G force do one very reasonably and are very good to deal with. dont know if they have a website
Old 23-03-05, 08:17 PM   #5
davy

I just had the same scenario, have been looking for nearly a year to get a link pipe. I have just received one today form A16 Road'N'RaceSupplies. www.aa16.co.uk
Paul was very helpful and it cost me £10 incl p&p. Juat need a couple of clamps. My MOT is early April. My Viper can would probably be ok as it has a baffle inside it, but I dont want the hassle of my bike failing. Ride safe. David
Old 23-03-05, 08:19 PM   #6
Yams

Don't know if this is it/of any use, but here ya go;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...963622091&rd=1