SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 23-05-05, 07:06 PM   #1
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Sundays Rideout

Hey all.

Only just saw the additions to this thread (yes i now actually work at work)

My views (if anyone cares) are fairly simple. I always ride out to the side of whatever is in front of me. Its just what i do and always have done.
There are some corners that i take "in formation" as it were. Keeping stagered, i'll even stagger myself into another lane to block an agressive car if the rider in front of me isnt so confident or i know we are gonna go into that lane before the cage has passed all of us safely.

The ride for the most part was a nice relaxed affair so i didnt really notice anyone up each other's backsides.

TSM has his way of riding as we all do. If his way is dangerous then its best explained, if its just anoying then its best discussed.

There were a couple of occasions where i was behind kate, and being aware how she felt about some corners i made sure i kept a good 5-7 seconds behind. Simply so there was none of that pressure of "****...i'm going thru this corner way to slow...look how close this guy is behind me"
I've feel that way on many rides and thats why i dont mind being nearer the back. less people who wanna go faster than me means less people who will get anoyed at me

I also remeber that a few weeks back on a ride from Boxhill...i was in front of Treacle and went into the bend in my usual grace-of-an-elephant way. Next thing i see is Treacles paniced face in my mirror.
He had no intention of under/over taking me at that point but was very close. I was fully aware he was faster than me so i waved him past at the next safe place to do so.

from what i'm reading this was what happened with TSM's percieved move.

I cant see the sense in riding directly behind the rider in front. Not unless she has a really nice backside in her leathers anyway

And Joe...... i had a great time thanks mate. At times it was even too slow for me but i aint complaining. Its nice to have a bit of variety. Maybe a faster one with me in the lead next time

AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-05, 07:12 PM   #2
Itching 2 go

Default Re: Sundays Rideout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
And Joe...... i had a great time thanks mate. At times it was even too slow for me but i aint complaining. Its nice to have a bit of variety. Maybe a faster one with me in the lead next time

lol maybe, but you will have to arrange it! perhaps we could do a steady 70mph next time instead of 60
Old 23-05-05, 07:13 PM   #3
DeeJay

You?? Work?? NEVER!!!
Old 23-05-05, 08:39 PM   #4
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itching 2 go
Quote:

lol maybe, but you will have to arrange it! perhaps we could do a steady 70mph next time instead of 60
Jeezuz man...have you gone completety bonkers?

I was thinkng more like a nice 62 and possibly pushing to 65ish.
I go and have a good idea for once and you go and make comdey out of it.
Really now.

Oh Deej...... my boss just aint sussed out what a drug taking bike riding waste of space i am yet.
If he gets an anonymous letter in the post, just remember i know where you live. And i aint afraid of your doggy licking me to death either before you go there.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-05, 12:05 AM   #5
Itching 2 go

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itching 2 go
Quote:

Jeezuz man...have you gone completety bonkers?

I was thinkng more like a nice 62 and possibly pushing to 65ish.
I go and have a good idea for once and you go and make comdey out of it.
ok, ok 62kph it is
Old 24-05-05, 09:48 AM   #6
Cardo

As I didn't get a chance to say this on the other thread, just wanted to say it was a cool ride out. Really enjoyed it. Cheers Joe!
Old 24-05-05, 10:07 AM   #7
Kate

Yep, really enjoyed that ride! It was my first ride out and I did have a few 'interesting' moments around the corners but I did enjoy it. I'm glad we agreed to keep on the biggish A roads...
Old 24-05-05, 11:23 AM   #8
Itching 2 go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
Yep, really enjoyed that ride! It was my first ride out and I did have a few 'interesting' moments around the corners but I did enjoy it. I'm glad we agreed to keep on the biggish A roads...
you should have seen the narrowness of the last rideout i did with the dear emporer and mr treacle, zig can vouch for this it was a nice wide ride compared to the last one!
Old 24-05-05, 12:11 PM   #9
Kate

Dear lord! In which case I would probably have strong words with you after the ride out!
Old 24-05-05, 12:14 PM   #10
Itching 2 go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
Dear lord! In which case I would probably have strong words with you after the ride out!
lol well your too far away to hit me now so it will have to wait till you have had a chance to chill out wanna do another? we can make the roads a little wider if you like