SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-02-22, 08:09 AM   #10421
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i had to google that drug.. hmmm thats a very interesting drug and might help my son.
My 80 year old neighbour is on it. She was having difficulty walking because of painful arthritis but is now back to her sprightly self.
Old 03-02-22, 12:13 PM   #10422
garynortheast
Mega Poster

I've been on a small regular dose for more than 15 years, to combat psoriatic arthritis. For the last 10 years I've had no arthritis.

I hope I don't get offered any more covid jabs now. The reaction to the last three has got progressively worse. The one I had yesterday has made me feel very ill indeed. I think I may turn down the offer of another one if it gets rolled out, much as I hate to do so.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-22, 07:41 PM   #10423
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

We have an amazing segregated cycle path that runs from Bristol to Bath. Customer in today with a bike needing fixing after riding into rubble and breeze blocks placed across the cycle path at night, which she didn't see due to someone lying next to it pointing a very high power torch in her direction to blind her. Looks like the muggings are back on, taking advantage of the quiet segregated nature of the path to ambush people. Luckily she'd got away with just a damaged bike, but has heard of others who've not been so lucky in the last few days.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-22, 07:46 PM   #10424
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
We have an amazing segregated cycle path that runs from Bristol to Bath. Customer in today with a bike needing fixing after riding into rubble and breeze blocks placed across the cycle path at night, which she didn't see due to someone lying next to it pointing a very high power torch in her direction to blind her. Looks like the muggings are back on, taking advantage of the quiet segregated nature of the path to ambush people. Luckily she'd got away with just a damaged bike, but has heard of others who've not been so lucky in the last few days.
Any chance of catching the bas*ards ?
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-22, 09:01 PM   #10425
svenrico

Boris Johnson is obviously taking a lot of flak at the moment but when he asked why Saville wasn't prosecuted when Kier Starmer was director of public prosecutions , I wonder if he has a point in this instance !
Old 03-02-22, 09:16 PM   #10426
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
Boris Johnson is obviously taking a lot of flak at the moment but when he asked why Saville wasn't prosecuted when Kier Starmer was director of public prosecutions , I wonder if he has a point in this instance !

Now you're falling for the conspiracy theory.

Starmer was not the reviewing lawyer in the Savile case although he was head of the CPS at the time. in 2013 Starmer requested a review (by barrister Alison Levitt) of the failure to prosecute and she concluded she had reservations on the failure to prosecute. Starmer accepted her findings and apologised for the CPS shortcomings.

BoZo has withdrawn the comment but, as usual, refuses to apologise and, because of this he has lost his close adviser (Manira Mirza) who had worked for him for 14 years.
Old 03-02-22, 09:19 PM   #10427
Chris_SVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
It was literally nothing to do with him
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-22, 10:27 PM   #10428
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

It’s not very often I gripe and this is another customer, We’re all currently isolating in our house as we’ve all tested positive this week.
So Tuesday I spent the morning emailing and calling customers that I had booked in to change the dates and all but one were fine with it.
This particular customer tells me I should get someone in to cover the jobs Im not able to do whilst I’m “sitting at home” and that they’re going to find someone else more reliable!
Old 04-02-22, 12:32 PM   #10429
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Now you're falling for the conspiracy theory.

Starmer was not the reviewing lawyer in the Savile case although he was head of the CPS at the time. in 2013 Starmer requested a review (by barrister Alison Levitt) of the failure to prosecute and she concluded she had reservations on the failure to prosecute. Starmer accepted her findings and apologised for the CPS shortcomings.

BoZo has withdrawn the comment but, as usual, refuses to apologise and, because of this he has lost his close adviser (Manira Mirza) who had worked for him for 14 years.
So why was there an apology for the CPS shortcomings ?
Old 04-02-22, 01:11 PM   #10430
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
It was literally nothing to do with him
Apart from being head of the CPS at the time of the review as Seeker states above ! I am not anti Starmer but if he was in charge why shouldn't he be accountable.