SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2009 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2009 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 03-08-09, 09:59 PM   #41
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Default Re: AR09 Campsite Comments.

+1 on what Fizz said. Regardless of any of the comments I or others have made to give some constructive critism, the weekend was fabulous and there is certainly something that you can pass on to Jim, James and the staff from our gang.........

Keep your service levels, atmosphere and hospitality standards exactly as they are, some things can't be improved and the way we were welcomed and looked after by Jim and his family was second to none!
Old 03-08-09, 10:13 PM   #42
Warthog

Quote:
Originally Posted by laMon View Post
There's a time and place for everything, but where can you have a coffee in the middle of a field under a tent provided by someone else, organised by someone else, brought in by some one else and cleaned up by someone else?!!! AND park your bike and a tent and fill their drains to the brink and explode them (!) (who's helmet got the $hite?) Then test ride the bikes and do hand brake turns in cars all for 10 tenner a night? And get a goody bag, smiling barman that never has a strop, booze that is not sold by them being consumed in copious amounts...if you ask me...it was a bargain...this is the greedy south and we were in Essex! If and when Eddie Jordan comes for a Hog Roast all the above will not be possible.
I COULD tell you some of the horror stories of the commercialiesed greedy Poles in Zakopane, I will not set my foot there again!
Integrity before profit IMHO. That is what we had. It's only to be thank for.
So thank you Sally and all of the rest who work so hard to deliver a GRAND AR09
+1
Old 03-08-09, 10:16 PM   #43
Cazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntygiggles View Post
...there is certainly something that you can pass on to Jim, James and the staff from our gang.........

Keep your service levels, atmosphere and hospitality standards exactly as they are, some things can't be improved and the way we were welcomed and looked after by Jim and his family was second to none!
+ 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
a music/dance tent could be fun
There was one. It was Josh's tent. Still can't get my head around the whole dubstep thing though...
Old 03-08-09, 10:20 PM   #44
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

I liked the garden round the front. I could sit and relax quietly on Saturday, while the rest had a good time with the fire pit. The staff weren't bothered there were one or two of us using it either. It was really cosy and a good place to sit and hide from the rain.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 10:30 PM   #45
laMon

A quote for a Warthog
"I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance."
I guess you WERE too PI$$ED to remember
Old 04-08-09, 09:12 AM   #46
Miss Alpinestarhero

I can't really add to what has already been said (toilet/showers needs improving and some lighting would be helpful for when it is dark).

It wouldnt be fair to mention the food because the OP only asked for comments on the campsite itself. However I was slightly dissapointed to only get 1 rasher of bacon in my roll. I know it was only £1.50 but one more bit of bacon would have been nice.

However it truly was an excellent campsite because we were all made to feel welcome, we didn't have many (if any) restrictions imposed on us in terms of keeping noise down etc. Heck we were even allowed a huge bonfire..! And we were allowed to take over the pub in the evening and shelter from the rain
Old 04-08-09, 10:04 AM   #47
Lucas

it was just AWESOME
Old 04-08-09, 11:49 AM   #48
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
thing is....... its not an avrage campsite, its more of a pub and a feild.

i have been thinking a bit more about this.

if it was a "propper"* campsite, i dont think we would have been made to feel so welcome, or got away with what we did. (huge fire, up drinking till stupid oclock, riding round with no helmets, starting up bikes late at night etc)

its probably also a good job that we were pretty much the only ones there,

i cant beleive the peeps in the caravan, a few feet from the fire did not complain lol

*when i say propper, i mean one thats got the facilitys to atract the public more and become a family type site

Last edited by hovis; 04-08-09 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-08-09, 12:22 PM   #49
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
i have been thinking a bit more about this.

if it was a "propper"* campsite, i dont think we would have been made to feel so welcome, or got away with what we did. (huge fire, up drinking till stupid oclock, riding round with no helmets, starting up bikes late at night etc)

its probably also a good job that we were pretty much the only ones there,

i cant beleive the peeps in the caravan, a few feet from the fire did not complain lol

*when i say propper, i mean one thats got the facilitys to atract the public more and become a family type site
Good point - well presented !!

As for the caravanners - I believe that Jim had told them what was occurring over the weekend & it was their choice to stay or not - having decided to stay there wasn't really a lot they could say was there ?
Old 04-08-09, 12:35 PM   #50
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

i think this really is the most important thing for us when considering the next AR too, having someone like Jim who is happy to let us do what we do.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote