SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2010 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2010 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 11-08-10, 08:13 PM   #141
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Default Re: AR 10 - Your memories ?

ooh, ooh, ooh. I just remembered something all on my own, using my own brain and everythin!...

Havin to catch Messies bike before the ride out as it rolled forward off the stand, after her ignoring my advice to put it in gear. Guess the Soho lot aren't used to hills!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 08:31 PM   #142
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
ooh, ooh, ooh. I just remembered something all on my own, using my own brain and everythin!...

Havin to catch Messies bike before the ride out as it rolled forward off the stand, after her ignoring my advice to put it in gear. Guess the Soho lot aren't used to hills!

Well caught

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 08:37 PM   #143
Sarg

A big thank you from me to everybody that took time to organise this event, having organised similar events for other clubs I know it takes alot of time and commitment.

Also thanks to everyone I met for making a newby feel very welcome. I hope I have made some good friends and cant wait till next year!!!

Gaz
Old 11-08-10, 08:49 PM   #144
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg View Post
A big thank you from me to everybody that took time to organise this event, having organised similar events for other clubs I know it takes alot of time and commitment.

Also thanks to everyone I met for making a newby feel very welcome. I hope I have made some good friends and cant wait till next year!!!

Gaz

Mate, it was a pleasure to meet you, even if I did call you Irksy at one point...lol. My excuse is I was a wee bit emotional at the time .

Glad you enjoyed it so much. A nicer bunch of peeps you will not find anywhere else
Old 11-08-10, 09:03 PM   #145
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Shame ya can't post in the right section though...you shall be thoroughly reprimanded at the next AR!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
Old 11-08-10, 09:06 PM   #146
Sarg

Sorry Phil, I am a tired teddy, I did look for the right one but I feel like I have somebody elses eyes in at the minute lol, my excuse is that I had to get up early to go and pick my new bike up this morning, I can already tell you feel sorry for me
Old 11-08-10, 09:37 PM   #147
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Take your waffle to the megathread!

Old 12-08-10, 10:13 AM   #148
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post

It's not a Soho thing - Messie and I come from Essex where there are no hills, anywhere, and any time we need to stop our bikes rolling we just wedge a white stiletto in front of the wheel.
Old 12-08-10, 10:47 AM   #149
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Pmsl!

Old 12-08-10, 02:22 PM   #150
monkey

Which reminds me of a horrible memory. I nearly had a big white sheep stopping my bike from rolling forward on the nasty sheep road 1st time round. Some locals at the burger van must've thought it funny to get the sheep moving amongst a load of bikes so I'd already slowed down quite a bit when one jumped from between some bushes. I reckon I had the back wheel in the air. I couldn't enjoy that road after that.