SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-03-10, 03:45 PM   #1
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Default Bennetts motorcycle insurance

What are your experiences?

With the beyond awful and sometimes unbeliveably bad customer service Stretchie has had from MCE, When sorting his insurance on the Fireblade, I obviously wanted to give them a BIG MISS!

So, Bennetts gave a great quote, added full UK and European recovery, pillion cover, riding other bikes, low excess and best of all, when reading back the info to me three times....the advisor got everything right, something that MCE were completely incapable of.

Anyone had any bad experience with Bennetts as we have 13 days in which to cancel the policy and go with someone else.

Any comments appreciated...ta x
Old 24-03-10, 03:48 PM   #2
RichT

Default Re: Bennetts motorcycle insurance

No problem with them at all. Although I've never had reason to use them.
Old 24-03-10, 03:51 PM   #3
G
Mega Poster

They have always been competitive for me.

For them to have been the main sponser of the BSB they must be doing something right.

As with above they will have ALOT of customer to be able to do that... not many of the good customer experiences will have posted about it online but you can be sure all the bad ones will, for that reason I believe they have a slightly bad reputation.

I was with them for a year as it was cheap. They tried to renew automatically despite me ringing to tell them not to. That was my only bad experience.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-10, 03:54 PM   #4
Iansv II

I've had various policies with them probably 6 or 7 years worth of cover on different bikers, never had any issues including one claim. Haven't been competitive for me for the last few years though...
Old 24-03-10, 03:55 PM   #5
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Lots of insurance companies renew without notice and it's usually in the small print of the original policy. Best thing is to send a letter with a months notice of your intention not to renew and send it special delivery AND cancel the DD with your bank.
Old 24-03-10, 03:56 PM   #6
Iansv II

Bennetts will always send you a new quote before the auto renewal anyway and if you don't want it then just call them and tell them, they've always ended the policy and not tried anything funny

I've heard of a few companies just auto renewing without any notice whatsoever
Old 24-03-10, 04:00 PM   #7
G
Mega Poster

I know its a commom occurence in insurance which is why I called to decline the renewal qoute when I received the renewal letter, and then confirmed in writing... they still attempted to take it.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-10, 04:03 PM   #8
gfewster

They were pretty competitive for me, and allowed me to move from one bike to another without any admin charges when I passed my test.

How are they when something happens and you need them? Well, I've initiated one claim through them against a third party when I got knocked off last year, and basically they just sold it to a claims management company (BLD - Biker's Legal Defence). I got a cheque quicksharp from the third party's insurers so from that respect they were good, but I understand they are still arguing the details of liability.

I do wish they would have handled it in-house. I don't like being sold to the highest bidder!
Old 24-03-10, 04:16 PM   #9
Dicky Ticker

Two claims,excellent solicitors,second lowest quote,I will be renewing.I had a problem with them taking payment though.I will go with them providing they give me the quote as per Confused.Com.
Old 24-03-10, 04:27 PM   #10
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Yeah, I got my quote from confused.com as well. It rose when I called them as I knew Dan would want full uk & euro recovery, pillion and to ride other bikes 3rd party, but it was still a very reasonable quote and the service was fab.

For me and Dan on the babyblade fully comp with all the same cover would be £187...not bad I don't think.