SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-07-16, 12:18 PM   #11
NedSVS

Default Re: It's over - Selling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
I thought that after my foot op, then I bought the GS and it's so comfortable and gravel in moderation no longer bothers me. Admittedly I haven't ridden yet this year but that's more to do with bad weather and being busy on other stuff.

Now I'm facing another operation but I've put it off until October so I can make the most of summer if it ever arrives. 3 months on crutches won't be fun.

Maybe the right bike would help you enjoy riding again.
Yes, I think most of us are waiting for summer to arrive. I have just abandoned a weeks holiday with the family in Cornwall after the first 4 days because the weather was so bad.
NedSVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-16, 12:27 PM   #12
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

I'm going through a "why do I still have a bike" phase right now too. Never seem to have time to get out on it, congested roads and a*holes who know they can drive like utter w*nkers and get away with it are making it a lot less fun as you say. We'd love to retire to a quieter place and enjoy life again but sadly work and mortgage will prevent that for at least another decade. Thing is - the bike is paid for, it costs me peanuts to keep on the road at my age, and for those few times I do get out on a quiet(ish) day it's all worth while.
Old 01-07-16, 12:41 PM   #13
Swin

Sorry to hear about your health issues and I wish you all the best for the future

[edit] I'm looking to hang up my commuting leathers in the next few years, although at present the Ank Spond is under control so I hope to buy a Sunny Sunday ride

Last edited by Swin; 01-07-16 at 12:43 PM.
Swin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-16, 12:46 PM   #14
NedSVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
I'm going through a "why do I still have a bike" phase right now too. Never seem to have time to get out on it, congested roads and a*holes who know they can drive like utter w*nkers and get away with it are making it a lot less fun as you say. We'd love to retire to a quieter place and enjoy life again but sadly work and mortgage will prevent that for at least another decade. Thing is - the bike is paid for, it costs me peanuts to keep on the road at my age, and for those few times I do get out on a quiet(ish) day it's all worth while.
I have found I have to go a lot further to start enjoying myself, like out to North Wales (from south west Manchester). The roads nearer are very congested and most of the national speed limits have been reduced to 50mph or less. Mostly only smaller country lanes are still national speed limit and many are in shocking condition.
Old 02-07-16, 05:30 PM   #15
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

There are so few traffic plod about now the standard of driving has gotten so sloppy and dangerous around here. Every single day I get driven at by queue jumpers and blind lane changers. Getting out to the quieter roads of Oxfordshire is much nicer but the hell of the first and last five miles spoils every ride.
Old 03-07-16, 06:40 AM   #16
Blapper

Pop over to France, the roads are gorgeous and the traffic is light. Just avoid the national lemming rush south for the holidays.

A bit extreme for a good ride, but it is worth it.
Blapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-16, 01:18 PM   #17
NedSVS

I have now listed my SV650S on eBay at reduced price, 7 day listing. If this fails I will almost certainly break it for parts. Probably worth more as parts - pretty sad though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2722995412...84.m1555.l2649

Last edited by NedSVS; 07-07-16 at 07:33 PM.
Old 15-07-16, 01:35 PM   #18
NedSVS

Well it failed to sell on eBay at my minimum acceptable price, so I will start breaking it sooner rather than later. The weather doesn't help much with selling and the dealer I use for spares is having a hard time too. I'll start by selling the bling stuff first, like the Marvic wheels, Maxton suspension etc. - probably on eBay - but other parts like GSXR600 front calipers with adapter plates for SV650 I may offer to the forum first.

Last edited by NedSVS; 15-07-16 at 06:19 PM.
Old 15-07-16, 03:02 PM   #19
collis

why not buy a Triumph Tiger and get a double set of bar risers, one OEM and one Touratech (i think that's what i have fitted) then move to Spain where they care about their country - unlike the UK where we only care about fleecing the working class for more money and screw everyone/thing else.
Old 15-07-16, 05:55 PM   #20
NedSVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by collis View Post
why not buy a Triumph Tiger and get a double set of bar risers, one OEM and one Touratech (i think that's what i have fitted) then move to Spain where they care about their country - unlike the UK where we only care about fleecing the working class for more money and screw everyone/thing else.
I like your idea - especially getting out of this country, but my dream was more like the Dordogne. I'm still having trouble getting my head around "adventure bike" styling - even though I know it makes sense.