SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 24-10-08, 09:18 AM   #1
joshmac

Exclamation Bluethunder needs your help...

Hey Guys,
As I'm sure you are all aware, tonight is the big yellow jersey night (Stu nearly stole it at the last minute ).
Chris needs someone to drop him off a link pipe at work if possible, otherwise his bike will be going home in the back of a van, which would mean it'd just be me to pick up the prize...

Can anyone do this?

Cheers,
Josh
Old 24-10-08, 09:50 AM   #2
jambo
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bluethunder needs your help..

The question is possibly more complex than you imagine, you need a link pipe for what type of end can for what year of bike delivered to where by when?

I, for one, can only give up the link pipe on my SV if I ride round on just the headers. This seems like it may be a touch anti social...
Old 24-10-08, 10:38 AM   #3
joshmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
The question is possibly more complex than you imagine, you need a link pipe for what type of end can for what year of bike delivered to where by when?

I, for one, can only give up the link pipe on my SV if I ride round on just the headers. This seems like it may be a touch anti social...
Could be interesting, although it would wake up the cross dressers prancing across the road you're riding along!!

IIRC he's got a 57 reg SV650S, pretty sure it has a viper can on it.

Just given him a call... The link pipe has been found after some "amazing detective work". It's all scratched from where it bounced down the road.

The impact caused the join between the can and the link pipe to buckle out, so ideally he needs a new end can (race can if possible (lightweight)), hanger and link pipe, so if anyone's got a spare one lying around that he could use, he would be very grateful!!

The other option would be for him to put on a full titanium Hindle system on there from his race bike but we both think that would just be taking the pi$$ though!!

He finishes work at 6pm today, give him a call if you can help out.
Send me a PM if you need his number or where he works.

Cheers,
Josh

Last edited by joshmac; 24-10-08 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 24-10-08, 11:01 AM   #4
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmac View Post
but we both think that would just be taking the pi$$ though!!
Amateur
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-08, 11:04 AM   #5
joshmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Amateur
So you'd just put it on then?

Old 24-10-08, 11:06 AM   #6
plowsie

The hindle sounds good! Do it!
Old 24-10-08, 12:22 PM   #7
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

A can of coke, diest if you insisit, and Gaffa tape are your friends if all else fails Chris.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-08, 06:48 PM   #8
metalmonkey

Well I finally got home after only what can descibed as a fu** up off a day, tried, cold ridden and ****ed off (thats due to the court system)

I found the link pipe where I left it as fell of the bike and bounched down the road.....

I finally managed to get the link pipe and end can back off after some work by me in the yard at work. However I got home now and the end can is hanging off yet again God dam it!
The hanger is fubar for sure, however the damage to where the link pipe inserts is a pain, its buclked al the metal around that conection area so it just blows, quite a lot of gas is escaping.

So Do I hit all with a hammer and hope for the best, or is there some more cuuning required here? I have reached the end of skill, and my patience.

I'm a bit screwed as its my only form transport right now!

So new end can time? I'm bit skint at the moment as well.....
Old 25-10-08, 10:19 PM   #9
monkey

Please refer to post number 7.

You can get aluminium tape from hardware places or maybe Halfords for temp exhaust repairs. Bodge it.

Bloomin lucky to find that link pipe!
Old 26-10-08, 06:00 PM   #10
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyakimonkey View Post
Please refer to post number 7.

You can get aluminium tape from hardware places or maybe Halfords for temp exhaust repairs. Bodge it.

Bloomin lucky to find that link pipe!
Thx for the replies and for Josh posting for me.....

Anyway I followed my route into work, then on the way to court I yelled stop as saw the link pipe and jumped out and picked it up!

The guys at SDC/MPH should be able to sort out the bike for me. However its a just a pain in the **** having to get up there as per usual I'm working with one day off again!

Sorry i if I yelled a bit, I'm under an imense amount of stress I felt really sick yesterday, don't fell great either today. The FME said to chill out before I make my self worse

Hope to catch up soon, take care.

So until I get up to SDCthe bike is off the road, hence request to loan some bits.