SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Closed Thread

Old 17-11-04, 09:39 AM   #11
Itching 2 go

JB is there a reason you are not budging on this? have you already built the new forum and its gonna take forever to replace the logo's? have you been stockpiling merchandise?

there must be a good reason espicially as i dont see you as the type to ignore peoples opinions without good reason.(hmm maybe ignore is the wrong word)

so why is the logo not up for discussion? come on tell us!

Old 17-11-04, 10:03 AM   #12
DeeJay

As said before.. the people make this forum what it is... i think it should be upto the people to decide what logo is taken.... i quite liked the logo before... but having looked i am not as keen on it as i was... would not go as far as to say it is disgusting though...

Old 17-11-04, 10:14 AM   #13
Shinsei Jutsu

Just for fun, and not to annoy anyone, but if people want to have a go at designing then....

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=15203

It looks like the logo is decided so this is just for fun.

Old 17-11-04, 11:04 AM   #14
RenamedMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJay
As said before.. the people make this forum what it is... i think it should be upto the people to decide what logo is taken.... i quite liked the logo before... but having looked i am not as keen on it as i was... would not go as far as to say it is disgusting though...
Power to the People!

I'm sorry, just winding things up. And enjoying it.

Old 17-11-04, 12:38 PM   #15
Jabba

FWIW, I think that looking at the logo in isolation might be doing those who are designing/building the new website/Forum a diservice.

Far better in my experience to wait and see what the whole finished product looks like - it might make more sense then.

On the other hand, though, it might not

Old 17-11-04, 01:59 PM   #16
BaggaZee

My tuppence worth, I think that forcing through an unneccessary and unpopular (if it proves to be so) change just because you can is a disgrace. After all, it's the other members that make the site. Take note.

PS, personally I really dislike the 'proposed' new logo. The old one may be simple, some might even say boring, but it ain't ugly.

Old 17-11-04, 02:12 PM   #17
DeeJay

just to add to my last post... although i think it should be users choice... i couldn't care what the logo is... as long as the site stays as open and good as it has been....

Old 17-11-04, 02:15 PM   #18
BaggaZee

Good point, well made.

Old 17-11-04, 03:10 PM   #19
Clunk

What is wrong with the current logo ?

Its not that important so why change it ?

I don't like the new proposal. I think the spacing's wrong ( the main part of the V is closer to the S than the other part of the V), and its too angular.

Will people who have stickers of the old logo get a free upgrade ?

And jonboy, if you want to lock threads I'm sure there are more deserving ones to lock in Idle Banter

Old 17-11-04, 03:33 PM   #20
Trix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggaZee
My tuppence worth, I think that forcing through an unneccessary and unpopular (if it proves to be so) change just because you can is a disgrace. After all, it's the other members that make the site. Take note.
FWIW, I know it costs a great deal of money to set-up and maintain a site such as this, and yes it's all users that make it a good place to be, and yes everyone is entitled to their opinion....but....unless you own the site or are a paying sponsor, then really it is nowt to do with you what the owner decides to do with their logo's etc...

Closed Thread