SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 12-06-06, 10:22 AM   #1
kciN

Default I've lost my 'Taking a pillion' Virginity!

Ok, so after riding for about 15 months, and 1st years insurance never covered pillion, (does now), I took the missus out for a ride last night. 1st Time!

Steady at first as wasn't sure what to expect but bike felt solid and a hot road with a sticky tyre and extra weight meant that the tyre wasn't going anywhere! (Not that it would anyway under normal circumstances)
Gradually building speed getting used to it, was great fun!
She's been pillion on other bikes so she wasn't frightened. Arms round me rather than holding the grab rail. I could actually feel her leaning before me on the bends!
I noticed harder braking was needed but I knew that anyway and anticipated at every stop.
Dual Carriageway, clear road, I tapped her left hand and she grabbed tighter, hit the ton . She said later she really enjoyed and felt safe, so that really re-assured me. I won't be doing that every time, mind!
Even when we got home at 8PM she wanted to go for some more. Which we did but had to come back at 9ish as I had Dark Visor and didn't wanna attract attention!

Remember you're first time?

(Note to self: remember to use both feet when stopping. One scary moment! )
Old 12-06-06, 10:27 AM   #2
thor

Don't remember mine, but I remember going pillion first time. Urgh, not a good experience!
Old 12-06-06, 10:36 AM   #3
tricky

Bunked off school to watch the cricket on telly.
Gave Johnny Haslam a "backy" to my house on my C50.
Calling in at the offy to get some Marstons Pedigree on route.

Oh happy days !

Old 12-06-06, 10:44 AM   #4
fraser01

Default Re: I've lost my 'Taking a pillion' Virginity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kciN
I tapped her left hand and she grabbed tighter, hit the ton . She said later she really enjoyed and felt safe, so that really re-assured me. I won't be doing that every time, mind!
Even when we got home at 8PM she wanted to go for some more. Which we did but had to come back at 9ish as I had Dark Visor and didn't wanna attract attention!

Hmmmm... Surely this should not be viewed before watershed?
Old 12-06-06, 10:47 AM   #5
kciN

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraser01
Quote:
I tapped her left hand and she grabbed tighter, hit the ton . She said later she really enjoyed and felt safe, so that really re-assured me. I won't be doing that every time, mind!

Hmmmm... Surely this should not be viewed before watershed?
Yeah, reading that portion of the thread throws a different, 'Mills and Boon' light on it
Old 12-06-06, 11:04 AM   #6
Professor

Quote:
Yeah, I remember my first and last time as pillion: a 200 metre ride to a bike
hire shop on Corfu. Terrifying! Will never ride pillion again.

On the other hand, I am always happy to take others on my bike. My first pillion
was a big fat bloke (nobody else volunteered). Since then I prefer to take petite birds.
Old 12-06-06, 11:07 AM   #7
kwak zzr

did pillion riding for the first few years but its rubbish and i only ride solo now
Old 12-06-06, 11:43 AM   #8
DanAbnormal

My first pillion was when I had my '99 VFR 800. My mate was not too heavy so wasn't bad. The only thing I notice is that when manouvering slowly the steering goes a bit wobbly. I hit the gas a few times and the front came up.

A very cool bonus of having a pillion = Power Wheelies!
Old 12-06-06, 11:58 AM   #9
creamerybutter

The first time I took a pillion was on my GPZ500s. I am not a lightweight and I think I was giving the poor old thing a hard time just carrying me add the misses on the back (who thankfully is a light weight) and it was one unhappy GPz.

First time I went pillion was when I was at school, I was dead against bikes and I thought that they couldn't.t possibly have fun. My sisters fella was determined to give ma a lift, eventually I agreed and I loved it Thus began my love of all things two wheeled much to my dads dispair. I was going to get a lift on the back of my sisters curvy when I had dropped mine in for a service and it felt awful before we even moved, the guy doing the servicing gave me a lift on his bandit 1200, wasn't as bad but still hated it. I am an awful pillion now.
Old 12-06-06, 01:37 PM   #10
anna
Mega Poster

I have never taken pillion on my bike and have taken the pillion seat off to stop people pestering me!! (i'm too scared to!!)

I remember the first time I went pillion I went on the back of an x's bike I was about 16 at the time and coming back he howled down the dual carrage way where we then got pulled over by the police!!!... to which he got a royal telling off for going over a ton and then they turned around to me and told me off for not telling him to slow down .. not that I could see the speedo at that point he was a tiny bit taller than this short ar$e!!! ...

so the show off got a heafty fine but managed to keep his licence .. just

didnt put me off though I still like going pillion now, even though I ride, I quite like sitting back not doing anything and ejoying the view... although obviously not my preference now I have my own bike
anna is offline   Reply With Quote