SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-07-19, 04:24 PM   #11
Othen

Default Re: RPM and speed not working - 2005 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_SVS View Post
Thanks again for the info here Alan - the prices would be much higher here than the UK, as would the selection of parts - I messaged the seller on eBay to confirm he will post it to Ireland.

All I need to do now is get the old cluster out to confirm the part number. My pointy 650S is a 2005 reg with the aluminium frame (not black). I've read in threads where the cluster is different for the different years?

Thanks again for everything!

Stephen

If I’m wrong I’m sure someone much more knowledgeable than myself will correct me, but I’m pretty sure Suzuki didn’t change much from 2003-2008. I think the chances are the used part will fit.

From memory I think you have to take the fairing apart to get the instruments out, but it doesn’t take long, just lots of fiddly screws. Follow the procedure in the workshop manual.

It will be interesting to see if the vehicle mileage is stored in the cluster or elsewhere in the bike. My guess is it is in the instruments.

Let us all know how you get on, and take a few photos as you go, they may be useful if someone else has a similar issue.

Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 15-07-19, 05:54 PM   #12
Scittyf

If it was me I'd probably take the opportunity to install custom clocks that are a bit more interesting.
Think you can get them with sat nav built in etc now.
Scittyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 02:51 PM   #13
Irish_SVS

I certainly will Alan, and thanks again fro everything here.
Irish_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-19, 10:53 AM   #14
Irish_SVS

Hi folks, I bought a cluster for a naked pointy SV650 and it comes with an extra moulding that isn't on the 650S speedo. Does anyone know if this needs to be removed in order for it to fit the pointy 650S correctly?

I don't have a garage so I am waiting for the rain to clear up before I take the fairing off the bike. No heatwave over here!

Thanks in advance!

Stephen
Old 26-07-19, 11:38 AM   #15
Othen

Quote:
Hi folks, I bought a cluster for a naked pointy SV650 and it comes with an extra moulding that isn't on the 650S speedo. Does anyone know if this needs to be removed in order for it to fit the pointy 650S correctly?

I don't have a garage so I am waiting for the rain to clear up before I take the fairing off the bike. No heatwave over here!

Thanks in advance!

Stephen

We need a bit of rain here to save the cricket today Stephen, otherwise your country may beat my country at our game!!!!

Old 26-07-19, 11:55 AM   #16
Irish_SVS

Funny stuff indeed Alan, I caught the sport headlines on the radio on the way home yesterday and even they have no clue about cricket
Old 26-07-19, 11:58 AM   #17
Othen

Quote:
Funny stuff indeed Alan, I caught the sport headlines on the radio on the way home yesterday and even they have no clue about cricket

I thought that might be the case. Make no mistake though, your chaps are playing really well (and our chaps are not taking it seriously - they had better wake up in time for Australia next week!).

Old 26-07-19, 03:25 PM   #18
Othen

Quote:

Well, Stephen, our chaps did sort themselves out today, and bowled your chaps out for just 38 runs to win easily. In spite of that second innings capitulation the Irish players made many friends here this week, they played well for three quarters of the test and caused England some considerable embarrassment.

I suspect most Irish people will have little knowledge of cricket, but I think you had a lot to be proud of with your test side.