SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-07-19, 08:24 AM   #1
brodie

Default Moving to NL, should i sell my ‘04 or ship?

Hi all, off to the sunlit lowlands for an indeterminate time and wondering what to do with my K4 SV650s.

I’ve had it since new so i’ve had my money’s worth so to speak, and perhaps it’s an opportunity for change, I cant see myself riding a motorcycle for some time, which is going to feel REALLY weird.

However, i’ve always done the servicing, modding etc. apart from the exhaust/airbox system which is a Renegade, so I have a particularly strong attachment to it.

Due to the mods i’m not sure if it would pass regs in NL, and i’m also unsure how to go about selling it in the UK with such mods - ie insurance.

All good steers appreciated!
brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-19, 09:07 PM   #2
zsv650s

Default Re: Moving to NL, should i sell my ‘04 or ship?

Sell it I don't understand what you mean about insurance that's the new owners problem surely?
zsv650s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-19, 09:08 PM   #3
zsv650s

Oh and strip your nice bits and put to standard you won't get anymore for them being on the bike but you can flog them on ebay for a pretty penny.
Old 24-07-19, 05:39 AM   #4
Othen

I lived in NL for 2 years and ran my CCM there throughout, I don’t recall there being any problem with the Dutch regulations, I think there was some sort of MoT.
I would say take the bike with you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 24-07-19, 11:06 AM   #5
brodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsv650s View Post
Sell it I don't understand what you mean about insurance that's the new owners problem surely?
I'm just wondering if it would make it harder to sell, but as you say I won't get any more for custom parts, just a shame as I no longer have the tools, time or space to strip it back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
I lived in NL for 2 years and ran my CCM there throughout, I don’t recall there being any problem with the Dutch regulations, I think there was some sort of MoT.
I would say take the bike with you.
Will check it out thanks
Old 24-07-19, 11:43 AM   #6
zsv650s

Wouldn't be harder to sell if I saw a bike with tastefully done mods and original spares with it I'd snap your hand off for it if I was in the market.
Old 25-07-19, 07:34 AM   #7
brodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsv650s View Post
Wouldn't be harder to sell if I saw a bike with tastefully done mods and original spares with it I'd snap your hand off for it if I was in the market.
Now you’ve got me wanting to buy it
Old 25-07-19, 09:13 AM   #8
keith_d
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodie View Post

Due to the mods i’m not sure if it would pass regs in NL, and i’m also unsure how to go about selling it in the UK with such mods - ie insurance.
Just make sure you tell the next owner about the mods. I found a Power Commander tucked underneath the toolkit on my Fazer after I'd bought it. That resulted in some interesting conversations with my insurer.

Now they know about it and I've had a couple of years riding without incident it's just a quick phone call at renewal time and off I go again.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-19, 12:09 PM   #9
brodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_d View Post
Just make sure you tell the next owner about the mods. I found a Power Commander tucked underneath the toolkit on my Fazer after I'd bought it. That resulted in some interesting conversations with my insurer.

Now they know about it and I've had a couple of years riding without incident it's just a quick phone call at renewal time and off I go again.
For sure, they’d be my selling points