SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Mini-Twins Goto Minitwins Official Site

Old 27-02-12, 03:35 PM   #1
rvracing

Default newcomer vists

just attended the febuary manx gp newcomer visits, what an awsome weekend, i thought i new the course reasonably well. i knew fk all, to anyone going to the manx this should be compulsory, some may dissagree whith that i know, some are just fast on the roads, but the tips and course knowlage handed to you on a plate can only be good, and the okells still tastes great, rob
Old 27-02-12, 08:50 PM   #2
wayne66

Default Re: newcomer vists

Glad you enjoyed it and found it helpfull. And the Okells is always good
Old 28-02-12, 09:01 PM   #3
rvracing

soz to be ages to reply m8, been workshop, yep we had among others chris palmer in the van on the first 2 laps, who couldnt stretch the importance of late apexing most of the corners, in order not run wide out of the corner into a wall, we also had mark castle on sunday for 2 laps when the roads a little qiueter, and maneged to nick the odd racing line, we also had hewin hamilton one of the long time classic racers to give years of knowlage, among lots of other racers, we were addresed by the committee of the manx motorcycle club and group shot was taken, fng awsome weekend, perhaps you may able to help with above post wayne....
Old 02-03-12, 04:47 PM   #4
Bigmitch

Nice one RV, I noticed loads of mini bus's and van's taking in laps over the weekend, Im booked onto the March 17/18th Newcomers Weekend, looking forward to it!
Old 03-03-12, 10:19 AM   #5
rvracing

hi mitch,,,be good if we could meet up the paddock, what you recon???
Old 03-03-12, 10:30 PM   #6
Bigmitch

Sounds like a plan mate, sounds like we'll be in the same race if all go's to plan, will be hitting that beer tent after the first race to celebrate a life time ambition!

So are you racing the RVF400? I'll be on the SV and looking to do the Newcomers and the lightweight, just got 2 signatures left to get my Mountain Course Licence.

Wayne will you be back for the Manx this year?
Old 04-03-12, 05:06 PM   #7
rvracing

just the sv carby, we only have the sv for the manx, we do have a cb 500 to for thundersport rounds to, but concentrating on mgp this year, i have 4 rounds to get my mountain lisence, you may have thought we race an rvf coz of my user name ( rv racing ) r = rob v= verity ( the missus) she races to, and has more pots than me, something i must adress, he he , im in the newcomers and the wednesday race, not sure if the supertwin and the lightwaight are seperate results, if so, i may opt for the supertwin option, even tho its a standard motor, i will need to take advice on that to be honest, one thing is for sure the beer tent will be given a good pasting, and the town later, i recon all the newcomer lads n lasses should should form an assault party and hit duggy very hard, we have a few days to recover before were on duty again mitch, you up for it ?????
Old 05-03-12, 03:29 PM   #8
Bigmitch

Ah sorry about that, user name kerffufel! Yep I recon a session on the town afterwards is compulsery, you only get to be a Newcomer once at the MGP, then your thrown in with the rest of emm! Did you see the video, think you may be on this somwhere? I see the entrys are just out, better get saving, £333 per race!
Had my first session on track yesterday on my SV, was dam cold but good to get out, my first race meeting is on the 25th March up Jurby IOM, Next one after that is 15th April, then I can get my MTC Licence, happy days!

Manx Grand Prix Newcomers visit: February 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNudQ42hZSM
Manx Grand Prix Newcomers visit the Isle of Man
Old 06-03-12, 01:45 AM   #9
rvracing

yep, im the one in the red jacket with white stripe, god i look ****e, id love to the jurby rounds, looks a good quick track, i make a point of going up to the classic day at jurby ace, iv got to do the remainder of my 6, need to do 4, starting at darleymoor on the 18th march, i bust me wrist last time out last season at that place, so not realy looking forward to it, im just gonna stay near the back out of trouble and and get the result sheet, well thats the plan anyway
Old 06-03-12, 11:54 AM   #10
Bigmitch

I know what you mean about just getting a finish, just take it steady but thats easier said than done!

The Jurby Festival is ace, we'll be able to enter it once weve done the Manx too!

So do I get a free breakfast at the MGP Newcomers weekend lol.