SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-09-07, 05:12 AM   #1
IrishGirl

Default Fuel System Issue

I have a 2001 sv650 that has developed a fuel system issue. I have pulled the air filter and can off to determine where the apparent leak is coming from to find the front carb flooded and fuel leaking from the choke. Looking for some help from anyone who has experienced similar or same issue?
Old 29-09-07, 05:58 AM   #2
Brian

Default Re: Fuel System Issue

Might it be a sticky choke, or maybe a rubber seal has perished/broke allowing fuel to leak past?..
Mine's injected so I can't really offer much other help than that, sorry.
Someone will deffo sort your problem out though!

Bri
Old 29-09-07, 06:38 AM   #3
Spanner Man
Mega Poster

Good morning.
It's possible that the 'o' ring on the choke cable guide has had it, or the retaining screw has come loose. If the choke is stuck on due to a sticking cable, it's possible that fuel could leak from there. check it out, if you have no joy, your best bet would be to yank the carbs off & give them a thorough check over.

Cheers.
Old 05-10-07, 04:07 AM   #4
IrishGirl

So, I have been able to fix the leak at the front carb at the choke but now seem to have another issue at the rear carb. I did not remove the carburetors but after reseating the choke cable and fitting, I have now discovered fuel backing out of the rear carb and down the breather hose. It may have been leaking from there prior to the reseating of the choke. Any experience on this and what may be the issue?
Old 05-10-07, 09:35 AM   #5
John Burt

If you are sure that your choke assemblies are OK then I suggest that your float/needle is stuck. Try giving the carb float bowl a gentle tap - failing that it is carb strip down time i'm afraid.