SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Guildford Massive For the Guildford Guys N Girls.

Old 20-02-08, 09:50 AM   #1
DanAbnormal

Default GM meets dead?

Hi one and all.

After being guest at another areas meeting I have to say we were properly shown up.

It's great when you get a bunch of like minded bikers together and really is good fun and brings the community together. I realise that we are all busy people but we've recently changed the night to make it easier for people to turn up. Just a bit of a shame really that we don't get as many. Perhaps we could make the meet once every fortnight if it means more people came along? I also have no problem travelling into Guildford for the meet, afterall it is the GM massive.

I'm not trying to make waves, I just would like to see a more vibrant meeting. Please don't think I'm trying to be bossy (not my style at all) I just enjoy meeting you guys n' gals.

By the way last night had ice, fog and icy fog and people STILL rode their bikes. Stop being such big tarts and get your bikes out.
Old 20-02-08, 09:58 AM   #2
plowsie

Default Re: GM meets dead?

Why not do what was decided by us on Saturdays rideout in the South Mids. Have weekend meets...People can make a Sunday normally. Just a suggestion for maybe an extra turnout.
Old 20-02-08, 10:06 AM   #3
Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganDan View Post
Hi one and all.

After being guest at another areas meeting I have to say we were properly shown up.

It's great when you get a bunch of like minded bikers together and really is good fun and brings the community together. I realise that we are all busy people but we've recently changed the night to make it easier for people to turn up. Just a bit of a shame really that we don't get as many. Perhaps we could make the meet once every fortnight if it means more people came along? I also have no problem travelling into Guildford for the meet, afterall it is the GM massive.

I'm not trying to make waves, I just would like to see a more vibrant meeting. Please don't think I'm trying to be bossy (not my style at all) I just enjoy meeting you guys n' gals.

By the way last night had ice, fog and icy fog and people STILL rode their bikes. Stop being such big tarts and get your bikes out.
I'm with Dan on this we were properly shown up last night - if we change the venue or the date again to make it easier on people i won't moan.

what about that pub in chobham some of you went to last year (the one were law liked the barmaid) i think grant was there too??
Old 20-02-08, 10:07 AM   #4
ooger

I've been trying to make a meet since I got the bike but weekday evenings (regardless of which one almost) are fairly difficult for me to do.

Which one did you go to Dan?
Old 20-02-08, 10:20 AM   #5
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooger View Post
I've been trying to make a meet since I got the bike but weekday evenings (regardless of which one almost) are fairly difficult for me to do.

Which one did you go to Dan?
The TV meet.

I'm all for changing if it gets more people out and about.
Old 20-02-08, 10:22 AM   #6
Jester666

Having been to a few of the GM meets it would be nice to see a few more peeps turn up on bikes!

Having been to SelKent meets as well as regularly at Soho one thing stands out. People turn up on bikes!

Just my thoughts!
Old 20-02-08, 10:33 AM   #7
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

My preference would be for the Anchor any night Mon to Thu.
To be honest I'll never turn up to the Ely, if you want a fortnightly meet there it doesn't bother me at all just don't expect me to be there.
I don't mind the Brittania
The 4 horses in Chobam is OK but I prefer the Anchor.
I like the idea of the meet being in the same place on the same night every week. Your much more likely to get into a routine of knowing it's on and going. All this fortnightly stuff makes me less likely to go. When Monday comes I have to think is it the Ely or Guildford tonight? & if it's Guildford I then think well I survived not going last week so I'll not bother tonight. That's just me.

I would be dead set against changing it to the Surrey Massive as that would not achieve anything, it would still not include Falc Tara Dan Grant? etc.

Oh & whatever happens I will only turn up by bike

Last edited by Stu; 20-02-08 at 10:36 AM.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-08, 10:38 AM   #8
Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
My preference would be for the Anchor any night Mon to Thu.
To be honest I'll never turn up to the Ely, if you want a fortnightly meet there it doesn't bother me at all just don't expect me to be there.
I don't mind the Brittania
The 4 horses in Chobam is OK but I prefer the Anchor.
I like the idea of the meet being in the same place on the same night every week. Your much more likelly to get into a routine of knowing it's on and going. All this fortnightly stuff makes me less likely to go. When Monday comes I have ti think is it the Ely or Guildford tonight? & if it's Guildford I then think well I survived not going last week so i'll not bother tonight. That's just me.

I would be dead set against changing it to the Surrey Massive as that would not achieve anything, it would still not include Falc Tara Dan Grant? etc.

Oh & whatever happens I will only turn up by bike
to be honest the Britannia is a bit far for us which is why we normally go to the Ely - if it likely to stay at the Brittania then i'm more likely to defect to the TV section

Stu - i like the Anchor too - it would be nice in summer.

As for turning up on bike all well and good but its a meet not a rideout whats the problem and there will usually be more bikes in summer when the weather is better - i for one will always be in the car (or i won't bother coming) as i don't have any gear and am unlikely to be to be in a position to get any for a while
Old 20-02-08, 10:41 AM   #9
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

So would you more likely turn up to the Anchor than the Brittania?
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-08, 10:41 AM   #10
Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath View Post
TBH, when the weather's better I'm happy with wherever because I'll likely go out for a ride after work for an hour, end up at whichever pub it is, stay there for an hour before nailing it off again for another hour's ride.

Thats a damn good point - i think most people will feel like that