SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-04-08, 09:44 PM   #1
imaleon

Default First Track Day at Snetterton

Hey everyone, have just booked my first track day at Snetterton as I'm fully legal on my bike woohoo. Am wondering if anyone has any experience on this track and if they have any useful pointers, and anything else I ought to know about track days (apart from the obvious......)

I've also decided to buy all-in-one leathers, i found these on ebay, any good? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NITRO-NLS101-L...QQcmdZViewItemOr could someone recommend another good set around the 300quid mark?

Cheers
Old 29-04-08, 09:47 PM   #2
FG1

Default Re: First Track Day at Snetterton

When are you going. Me and Sandman are going on 30 June.
Old 29-04-08, 09:50 PM   #3
imaleon

I'm heading over on the 19th of May
Old 30-04-08, 12:16 AM   #4
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaleon View Post
Hey everyone, have just booked my first track day at Snetterton as I'm fully legal on my bike woohoo. Am wondering if anyone has any experience on this track and if they have any useful pointers, and anything else I ought to know about track days (apart from the obvious......)

I've also decided to buy all-in-one leathers, i found these on ebay, any good? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NITRO-NLS101-L...QQcmdZViewItemOr could someone recommend another good set around the 300quid mark?

Cheers
Search for 'Spyke' on eBay. I noticed the other day a lot of Spyke suits on there at very good prices. I have a Spyke one piece and a jacket. Very impressed with the fit and quality and stood up very well recently after sliding on my @rse at 80 mph!
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-08, 12:21 AM   #5
Sideshow#36

Enjoy the back straight but pick your markers!!!
Old 30-04-08, 07:06 AM   #6
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaleon View Post

Cheers
Nitro are making some very nice leathers at the moment, basically the company who make them have dropped the Swift name altogether and are making Nitro a better quality product.

Up to early this year I wore Nitro 1-piece leathers and they were fine.
Old 30-04-08, 07:13 AM   #7
G
Mega Poster

Watch the esses after the revett straight, of all the times I have been there 90% of the days incidents have happened there.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-08, 07:43 AM   #8
Lozzo

And the Russells complex before the start/finish straight, always a good place to stand if you like seeing bikes go down.
Old 30-04-08, 10:53 AM   #9
imaleon

Thanks for the tips, ive also been on youtube learning the track. I think the SV is going to be way too slow for it! Could anyone tell me if those nitro leathers are a good deal, as I'm quite tempted.

Cheers
Old 30-04-08, 11:42 AM   #10
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
And the Russells complex before the start/finish straight, always a good place to stand if you like seeing bikes go down.
+1 been down there twice myself

Its the left hand bit that is the boy, basically its the only left on the circuit that is taken under acceleration ... that makes for highside city I am afraid

Its not a problem as long as you are aware and just ride accordingly though!!

I have no experience of Nitro leather I am afraid, sorry. But I do know someone with a Nitro lid and they are happy with it

Its probably fair to say that you are unlikely to get a 'good' set of NEW leathers for £270 mind