SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 19-07-17, 08:11 AM   #3801
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

The Fujifil GA645ZI is worth something, just had a look on ebay at sold listings and the range from £300-£500. The Trip 35 is around £20. I might be interested in the film. The Handycam and the disc camera wont be worth much. Not sure about the others. The XD7 kit varies a lot in price so hard to give an accurate estimate, depends on how much someone is willing to pay but average £50+ as a kit. Johnny/Yoko?

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk

Last edited by Kenzie; 19-07-17 at 08:15 AM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-17, 08:55 AM   #3802
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

That's quite a haul Craig, you do well to ask! I'll pore over it later but as Kenzie says, the Fuji alone is worth a pretty penny. The best course of action, if you want to make the most money, is to identify the various cameras you have (we can help of course), then figure out if they work. There are loads of manual for free on t'internet. Some will need batteries, some won't, some have quirks where they only work with film in them - the winding lever pulls the film, the film pulls on other bits, then it works. Selling them one by one on ebay is the way to go, and the more you can put in an ad the better; does it work, or what can you say about that? Is it clean? Any fungus on the lenses? What else does it come with? There are loads of ads for all sorts of cameras, even good ones, that have little or no detail and rubbish photos, and either they go for peanuts or, like the Fuji, it's too expensive a gamble to buy a pig in a poke so they don't sell; it's all about giving the buyer a bit of confidence.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-17, 09:02 AM   #3803
Kenzie

Actually, that Trip looks like a silver button version, might fetch a little more if working.

Old 19-07-17, 12:15 PM   #3804
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Pic 1 the Braun is a Super Paxette IIB like this one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAUN-Supe...-/272750860987
so if working then around £25. If you have any spare lenses they are LTM (M39) Leica thread which fits a number of older cameras so would be worth selling separately. Check if the light meter works - the needle on the top plate. Point the camera into the light, and cover/uncover the clear plastic grid on the front, the needle should swing back and forth.
Halina disc - bung it on at 99p and let ebay do the rest!
Olympus Trip - these are very hip just now and if it's a working silver button one then £35-40
Sony - no idea, I wouldn't have said much but a quick look on ebay says if it's working and with leads etc. then worth a punt - check which model etc.
Fuji GA645Zi like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exc-Fujifi...-/162585285366
LOTS of money. This is the one to concentrate on in terms of is it working, condition, and what it comes with. Loads have been sold, one ebay listing got 40 bids.
Minolta - I am guessing the spare lenses are also for that - Kenzie or Yoko know a lot more about those.
Light meter (Sekonic), a fiver or more if it works - there is probably a flap on the end to pop open. May or may not take batteries - the older ones didn't.
Tripods etc - people will buy them, just a case of pricing. The film is also worth selling - people wilm buy out of date film, mainly in lots I think rather than individually because of the postage cost. The Ilford ones will sell fine on their own, and the Tri-X certainly will (this is like Ohlins to some people). They all look good to be honest, and a bit of legwork on ebay could actually net you a few quid just in film, especially 120/medium format.
The alien probe at the end is an enlarger.

With regard to testing the cameras, get a manual and have a go. For example the Paxette should be simple to use. Check the rangefinder spot is distinct (when you look through the viewfinder you'll see an extra spot in the centre with a second image in it) - simply cleaning the viewfinder glass works wonders. Wind it on and try the shutter at different settings, it should sound different between say 1/500 and 1/100 and again to 1/30. Do try rewinding any of these before you try testing them, old cameras often have films still in them - I had one from about 1950 once! To check the lenses for fungus and dirt, use the flashlight test:
www.kenrockwell.com/tech/flashlight-test.htm
but as he says, you will always see some dust.
Short of film testing that's about all you can do but anything you can say that is good or working will help. Read a few ads, you'll see they say things like that the shutter sounds good at different speeds but hasn't been tested for accuracy, or meter works but not checked for accuracy etc. TBH you can download Pocket Light Meter for nothing and check the meters! Anyway a lot of cameras had different versions so try to pin down the right one as again people will search for specific things, and these people aren't the cheapskates like us who happily trawl ads that say "old camera" looking for something interesting!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-17, 01:55 PM   #3805
Craigg

thanks a lot for the input guys, I am going over at the weekend to sort through everything proper, there are quite a lot of boxes etc for the stuff, so will see about getting everything back into its original packaging where applicable, and testing it out.
Craigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-17, 04:32 PM   #3806
Kenzie

Any good Johnny? 272762576911

Old 19-07-17, 05:08 PM   #3807
yokohama

Craig, just to echo what the others have said, check everything to make sure it works and try to clean the cameras and lenses up for any photographs. Ebay is quite buyer protective these days so even if you put 'no returns', buyers can still return items if they are sold as 'used' but don't work properly. 'Used' implies not new, but fully functioning - unless of course you highlight any issues in your description.
Re the Minolta, the XD7 is a sought after camera and perceived as one of Minolta's best. I'd sell the winder separately and go for a starting B.I.N price of £75 for the body if it's working correctly, see if anyone bites.
Do your research on the lenses too. Nothing worse than an ad saying 'camera lense' accompanied by an out of focus photo. Buyers want to know make model, focal (zoom) length, aperture range, mount (what camera it fits) etc. Take plenty of pics, including the lens from both ends.
I'm guessing yours are Minolta mounts. I'm not sure what your lenses are but one looks like a Minolta. Minolta glass has a good rep so you should get a better price for this one. HTH
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-17, 05:10 PM   #3808
yokohama

Kenzie, did your new toys arrive?
Old 19-07-17, 05:21 PM   #3809
yokohama

And another Rocky sale - 40% off everything.
Old 19-07-17, 06:53 PM   #3810
Kenzie

Yes they did! X500 works ok and just needs a good clean. The ME Super is a little squiffy as the shutter is out of sync with the winder so it needs resetting somehow. The other slr was a Minolta St100 x but it is currently locked up. I also got some Olympus aps camera as well.