SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

View Poll Results: Anonymous poll
Yes- regularly (or as regular as I buy kit) 7 18.42%
Yes- I have done in the past but not always 12 31.58%
No- but I might in the future 6 15.79%
No- I don't think it's nice 13 34.21%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-12, 09:52 PM   #1
monkey

Question Do/have you tried motorcycle clothing (including helmets) on in a shop only to go and get it for less online?

Anonymous poll time ladies.

Following on from the recent almost-demise of Hein Gericke and a post I just read I'm just curious how many people do this.

Answers in the age old forum poll.

No spamming or derailling please (and no fighting!)
Old 12-09-12, 09:56 PM   #2
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Do/have you tried motorcycle clothing (including helmets) on in a shop only to go and get it for less online?

What about 'no, i prefer to buy it instore'

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-12, 10:03 PM   #3
monkey

Default Re: Do/have you tried motorcycle clothing (including helmets) on in a shop only to go and get it for less online?

Hmmmmn. I see what I've done there (thanks).

Maybe a passing mod will hear my weedy sobbing and change option 4 to: "No- I buy soley online" and add an option 5: "No- I buy soley instore".
Old 12-09-12, 10:06 PM   #4
Fallout
Mega Poster

I did for my current jacket, but I bought my helmet and trousers from the same store. So definitely not always. I think it depends on my feelings for the staff at the time. If I feel like they're mugging me off, I won't have any loyalty until someone makes me feel good about the place again.
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-12, 10:36 PM   #5
Dabteacake

I do if the shop doesnt do forces discount or seem like chimps. I was told my head size by the guy in store when trying helmets and he said my head was 3cm smaller than it is.

I know the size as my head dress at work is sized in cm lol
Old 12-09-12, 10:49 PM   #6
Milky Bar Kid

I've bought online but definately didn't try the stuff on in a shop first. I think if we were all to do that then it wouldn't be long until there were no shops for us to do this.
Old 13-09-12, 12:38 AM   #7
davepreston

first purchase of kit, in shop, replacements online
apart from lids always instore
Old 13-09-12, 06:41 AM   #8
Spank86

I wouldnt buy a helmet that I didnt know fit me andI wouldn't abuse a store by testing fit there and then buying online UNLESS that store was massively inflating the prices. I'm not poor enough that I can't afford a few quid for the priveledge of checking fit.
Old 13-09-12, 06:57 AM   #9
timwilky
Mega Poster

I am learning from the wife and haggle. Try it on and then when they think i am hooked ask what they are going to knock off. Tell them what you can get it for elsewhere.

If they are not prepared to price match (or near it), they don't deserve the sale.
Old 13-09-12, 08:01 AM   #10
Woogie

Will always buy gear in store, So so so so much easier to return defective gear if you can just pop into the store and get it sent for repair/replacement/refund there and then.... but this doesn't mean I will be loyal to any particular store, where ever gives me the best customer service, cost and treats me like a person rather than another sale gets my custom every time.