SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-05-18, 06:23 PM   #1
BillySV

Default 2001 SV650S to N - Trail Tech: Wiring Question

Hey forum!

I'm pretty sure this may have been asked before, but I am not the best at searching and may have passed over it. Anyway, here is my situation.

I'm trying to wire in a Trail Tech Vapor gauge to the stock wiring harness. I'm not going to be using a dashboard right now, but I may or may not get one in the future (still thinking about it). I found a diagram online that looks like it basically combines different accessory wires to the power input on the gauge.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8452/7...824305eb1a.jpg

Would this actually cause a short to happen? Is it possible to just combine several wires into the power wiring on the Vapor gauge? I'm kind of confused by the instructions from the gauge as well, but I'll go over them again and see if anything kind of sticks out to me.
Old 20-05-18, 07:12 PM   #2
BillySV

Default Re: 2001 SV650S to N - Trail Tech: Wiring Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
What could possibly go wrong?

The scientific way would to be match the sv schematic to the Vapor, less scientific would be to temporarily attach each lead with a very low amp fuse.

I did find this:
http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53191

but since it's 39 pages long, I'll leave that with you. Good luck.
I've been cruising through those pages and that's where I found a couple of diagrams. I feel like it is really easy, but I am just not understanding how to get multiple accessories wires (blinkers, coolant temp, speed sensor) to go through one power cable and ground cable.
Old 21-05-18, 02:01 PM   #3
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: 2001 SV650S to N - Trail Tech: Wiring Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillySV View Post
I've been cruising through those pages and that's where I found a couple of diagrams. I feel like it is really easy, but I am just not understanding how to get multiple accessories wires (blinkers, coolant temp, speed sensor) to go through one power cable and ground cable.
you basically either daisy chain from and to each connector or you solder them all to one live or use a bus bar connector.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote