SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 14-10-06, 08:50 AM   #21
Beenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac99
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenz
Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyboy
hmmm... VFR800 ?

should have told you, my local garage has a pre-reged fireblade, last years model granted, but still brand new, going rather cheap for a new bike....
err... no. Not a VFR, something a tad more involved, less refined one could argue. You'll see it in a week or two if you'r at the roo. I do have to run it in though
Are you going contenantal, maybe Italian?

Well its that or a BMW and I thought you had your heart set on that Gixxer...
Continental, I should hope not. I didn't die in two world wars just so you could go around riding foreign bikes. In my day.....

Quote:
more pots than the SV.
955cc Triumph ??
Yup I really wanted the Gixer thou but the more I looked at the deal it would be a tad expensive for a year old bike even though the milage was low. The vibe at 80 (on this particular bike) had me worried as thats probably the most used speed, certainly in the cooler weather.

So I wanted a bigger bike with at least the same sort of instant midrange torque of the SV but a bit more to rev out. Anyway a recently discontinued brit bike is being sold off a few grand cheaper than retail, OK it does not have the chassis of the gixer or the spenders and it's heavier. But watching one keep up with me on the way home last Saturday clearly showed it's no slouch on the twisties. Looks like a lot of fun and maybe a bit more of a chellenge.

mac99 wins the prize of the folding drinking straw construction set, a black Daytona 955i is on its way from Hinckley. Looking forward to the 6K service intervals.

I don't have to change my leathers either to a new colour.
Old 14-10-06, 09:43 AM   #22
hovis

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac99
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyboy
hmmm... VFR800 ?

should have told you, my local garage has a pre-reged fireblade, last years model granted, but still brand new, going rather cheap for a new bike....
err... no. Not a VFR, something a tad more involved, less refined one could argue. You'll see it in a week or two if you'r at the roo. I do have to run it in though
Are you going contenantal, maybe Italian?

Well its that or a BMW and I thought you had your heart set on that Gixxer...
Continental, I should hope not. I didn't die in two world wars just so you could go around riding foreign bikes. In my day.....

Quote:
more pots than the SV.
955cc Triumph ??
Yup I really wanted the Gixer thou but the more I looked at the deal it would be a tad expensive for a year old bike even though the milage was low. The vibe at 80 (on this particular bike) had me worried as thats probably the most used speed, certainly in the cooler weather.

So I wanted a bigger bike with at least the same sort of instant midrange torque of the SV but a bit more to rev out. Anyway a recently discontinued brit bike is being sold off a few grand cheaper than retail, OK it does not have the chassis of the gixer or the spenders and it's heavier. But watching one keep up with me on the way home last Saturday clearly showed it's no slouch on the twisties. Looks like a lot of fun and maybe a bit more of a chellenge.

mac99 wins the prize of the folding drinking straw construction set, a black Daytona 955i is on its way from Hinckley. Looking forward to the 6K service intervals.

very nice.. but my threads been hi-jacked

Old 14-10-06, 09:45 AM   #23
Beenz

Sorry Hovi5. I guess I'll leave the forum now.

Time to go. Bye everyone!
Old 14-10-06, 09:54 AM   #24
Xan173

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovi5
i'd like to come on a thursday night, jabba said he might come in a week or 2 so perhaps i will come then
Ooer missus!
Old 14-10-06, 09:56 AM   #25
hovis

Quote:

dont go
Old 14-10-06, 10:00 AM   #26
Xan173

Quote:

Doesn't your neighbour have that bike, in black, and has the same HG leathers (in yellow if I recall)?

Nice bike though...
Old 14-10-06, 10:03 AM   #27
Xan173

Quote:

Beenz, how about you and I set up http://www.usedtorideansvandstillthi...gdifferent.org ?
Old 14-10-06, 10:09 AM   #28
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos
Oh I would so love to but really can't afford it. Will probably spend the weekend sitting on the bike in the garage making loud "brum brum" noises, full leathers of course .

Anyway, isn't the weather supposed to be really crappy tomorrow? NO**EDIT**

Does this mean you've fixed the bike now then? I THINK SO
Old 14-10-06, 11:49 AM   #29
carlos

Quote:
I THINK SO
[/quote]

Old 14-10-06, 04:30 PM   #30
hovis

Default Re: saturday ride????? anybody??

Quote:
anyone fancy going for a ride today ? sat 14th?

i'll take that as a no then shall i??..........