SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 31-07-16, 09:19 PM   #1651
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Score! You not me. Have been wrestling with the Konica and not winning. Shutter clicks but doesn't always open and timing basically isn't working. Tried to take the escapement out but took the wrong screw out and it fell to bits. Spent an age putting it back together then found a small lever was upside down. Managed to fix it. Still not working but at least I can see the shutter opening and closing manually so that's okay, and the aperture is fixed. Spent ages looking at it. Remembered the rabbits were sitting in the garden in the dark and not been fed yet. Gave up.
Untitled by John Rodriguez, on Flickr

I have a couple of photos I need to annotate and upload to ask for advice. There is a lever behind the co-cking shaft that appears not to have a spring on it, which doesn't seem right, so I may have displaced it by pushing the shaft out too far. Still not sure what pushes the shutter ring to open the blades. Frustrating but am not getting anywhere tonight and likely to make things worse if I don't sleep on it.

Last edited by johnnyrod; 01-08-16 at 07:26 AM.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-16, 05:10 PM   #1652
Kenzie

Seems pretty cheap 191931857594. My Franka Solida turned up today. Camera is pretty much mint. Has Made in Germany U.S Zone on the back.

Last edited by Kenzie; 01-08-16 at 05:20 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-16, 06:25 PM   #1653
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Cool!

Saw this picture, had a bit of a convo about exposure which didn't really help me, but it's impressive for the range form direct sun to what would be quite hard shadows. Am going to try to have a go at the same with film, see how it turns out.
H51-B0006195 copy by Ming Thein, on Flickr
Old 01-08-16, 07:14 PM   #1654
yokohama

You guys have been busy on the repair front over the weekend. I've been a bit preoccupied with the SV but it's sorted now. Took it up to the Scottish borders for breakfast yesterday just to make sure.
That's a very good price for the x500 Kenzie. Are you bidding?
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-16, 07:22 PM   #1655
Kenzie

No, probably not. There an X700 that just sold for £27 but listed as non responsive. Porto? What film is it?

Last edited by Kenzie; 01-08-16 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-08-16, 07:29 PM   #1656
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Yeah had a bit of a beano of repairs. Funny how they're all different. My Contessamat started all this off, but after buying what I thought was a nice working camera, which arrived looking super shiny and awesome, turned in a roll of film that was just fuzzy (and scratched in places thanks to Jessops). Sticky everything and galloping lens fungus on every surface. It precipitated quite an extensive job, only matched by antics lately, although others like the Vitomatic were a breeze. The Konica is falling into the epic camp! The Certo wan't far off. Anyhoo they call to me, you have no idea how many ads I resist on ebay. Oh look, it could be great, just needs a little work... There is a guy in Sheffield who sells through the moniker Life Thru A Lens, basically all overpriced and mostly not working. He has been advertising a Contessamat, I'm trying to twist his arm to get it for a discount. I think he doesn't like the idea more than the maths. For sale at £1 including postage, so £15 less fees gives you about, what, £13? So I offered him a tenner and I'd come and pick it up, so less hassle. I know it's Yorkshire but seriously, that's £3 off for an easy sale, or, no sale at all and drop the price again (was £25). TAKE MY F######ING MONEY WILL YOU
Old 01-08-16, 07:42 PM   #1657
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

172264246585 Canonet with 1.8 lens appears to be working, plus a bunch of junk, tenner, anyone?
Old 01-08-16, 07:48 PM   #1658
yokohama

HAHAHAHA. Some Yorkshiremen are just stubborn like that. It's a principle. I can empathise.

With a non functioning Minolta, especially stuck shutter, it's usually a capacitor failure. Cheap, easy fix if you can solder. Someone probably took a punt on that being the case with the X700.

Hopefully, the Pentax P30 and lenses should be coming this week.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-16, 07:56 PM   #1659
Kenzie

Nah, the rangefinder glass is missing on the Canonet. Plus I have just bought a QL19. I think I may have had something through from Life Thru a Lens at some point. Can't remember what though. Must buy some more Ektar 120 when I get paid. Got a hungry Certo, Nettar and now Solida to feed! Really most look at my Sequelle at some point but I have no idea how to get the lens apart.

Last edited by Kenzie; 01-08-16 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-08-16, 08:04 PM   #1660
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I got a Pentax strap from him at one point, was meant to have the rings with it but didn't. That's all I know, that and I've seen enough of his ads, not cheap. Someone must be paying though.