SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 18-07-18, 06:20 AM   #5331
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

I did some reading and learnt something new. Apparently MD stands for 'minimum diaphragm' to signify that these lenses will connect to the exposure modes on Minolta XD, X700/500 and later cameras. Earlier MC lenses use the same mount but don't have the pins/tabs that connect to auto and program modes on later cameras.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 05:39 AM   #5332
Kenzie

I found the Rokkorfiles page quite useful. The X700 seems to be firing well, wound and released it at least fifty times and it doesn't hang up.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-18, 07:06 AM   #5333
yokohama

Useful freebie maybe? https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dow...reesdp-2989653

Good to hear the X700 is working again.
Old 20-07-18, 02:24 PM   #5334
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I downloaded the book, will have to have a look at it sometime. Been busy here, trying to push aside other things and properly study, though I'm not very good at doing so. Remembered I still have the Durst Automatic in bits and will try to put it back together tonight. I'm not sure if it's fully working. I've damaged the sprocket shaft a bit and I'm not sure if the rewind release is going to stick. The rest is fine. Got a deal on a NAS as well as keeping track of digital photos is a mare, so next week will have a go at setting it up, worry about music and films etc. later on!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-18, 03:27 PM   #5335
yokohama

I downloaded the book too. Copied it onto the phone so I can dip into it on the train when I'm bored. There are probably a few useful tip's and hints tucked away in there.
Have put a Zuiko 28mm f3.5 on the digital camera. Playing around with that.
Old 20-07-18, 05:48 PM   #5336
Kenzie

I downloaded it too, can't remember where to! I didn't realise you had a 28mm Oly lens. I'm really not feeling the vintage lens/digital at the moment. I was wondering if you were really busy JR, hadn't seen you in here recently.

Last edited by Kenzie; 20-07-18 at 05:50 PM.
Old 20-07-18, 07:26 PM   #5337
Kenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
I think I need to hold off and enjoy the cameras before I add any more. I have at least 20 now. I really like the way the Yashica Lynx looks and feels. Shame the rangefinder mirror broken while I was trying to fix something else. I have lost track of what has film in it!
Lol, just seen this from 2015!
Old 20-07-18, 08:50 PM   #5338
yokohama

Only 20!! Those were the days.
Re the oly 28mm, it came with one of the bargain bundles I picked up. Only the f3.5 though. I know what you mean about the vintage-digital thing. I haven't seen the point yet. It's ok for close ups and non-moving images, especially now I've got the focus peaking and magnification on a preset menu. Will try it outside on a hyperfocal setting and point and shoot, see what it does.
Edit, forgot to mention that dof is really easy; you can see it change as you open or close the aperture

Last edited by yokohama; 20-07-18 at 08:54 PM.
Old 20-07-18, 09:06 PM   #5339
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Got the Durst back in one piece but it's not quite usable. The shutter and lens are fine, it winds on and fires, but the counter resets by itself because of a problem with the rewind release, which is fairly jammed. I know why but unless I could magic a new sprocket spool and pin from the 1960s, it'll stay that way. Am going to stop fiddling now.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-18, 11:08 AM   #5340
yokohama

I took a few more photos with the OMD and vintage lens this morning. (including spider in pic of the day ) Some using manual focus, others on f8 using the zone focus on the lens set between about 5ft and infinity. Not bad, variations in quality but nothing the autofocus wouldn't do. In bright conditions, focussing manually isn't too difficult.