SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 07-04-08, 11:28 AM   #1
monkey

Default I'm only going to Silverstone again

Anyone fancy it? Tuesday 29th April. Should be 7X 20 minute sessions. I'm in novice, have three mates in middle and one in top. Not very may spaces left. Got it for ?137 so should be able to do the same for you.

PM me if anyone's game.
Old 07-04-08, 05:01 PM   #2
Devil Biccy

Default Re: I'm only going to Silverstone again

Would love too but have visitors from Sardinia/Cezch Republic and also Slovakia that day
Old 07-04-08, 05:10 PM   #3
Fizzy Fish

will someone please tell me why i decided to spend money on the front garden of all things instead of more track time?? I'm becoming increasingly unsure about my decision-making ability...
Old 07-04-08, 05:15 PM   #4
Jackhammer

well i would have been only i am booked on a Rider-Training and Trackday ...erm ... Day with the Hottrax posse at Cadwell Park on the 30th !! So whilst it is tempting to be tearing around silverstone the day before its probably not the most sensible idea !!! LOL
Old 07-04-08, 05:28 PM   #5
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
well i would have been only i am booked on a Rider-Training and Trackday ...erm ... Day with the Hottrax posse at Cadwell Park on the 30th !! So whilst it is tempting to be tearing around silverstone the day before its probably not the most sensible idea !!! LOL
How did that costy if you don't mind me asking sounds good. I don't think I'll be able to do it, I hope to be on the race bike a few days before that....Not too mention work is very slow at paying my overtime
Old 07-04-08, 06:35 PM   #6
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
Nice. You ever been there? If not it's chalk to Silverstone's cheese. I'm scared to go back there. But I will go back there.

I'd like to do a bit of that too. By all accounts they're very good.
Old 07-04-08, 09:01 PM   #7
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzy Fish View Post
will someone please tell me why i decided to spend money on the front garden of all things instead of more track time?? I'm becoming increasingly unsure about my decision-making ability...
The best money I spent on my first house was on concreting the front and rear gardens. I had loads of bike parking space then...mind you I was only 19 and didn't think about the long term effects on values.

When I sold the house the first bloke to look at it snapped it up because he hated gardening, and I got the asking price.
Old 07-04-08, 09:48 PM   #8
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzy Fish View Post
will someone please tell me why i decided to spend money on the front garden of all things instead of more track time??
Because you're getting it converted into a racetrack?!
Old 08-04-08, 07:50 AM   #9
Fizzy Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
The best money I spent on my first house was on concreting the front and rear gardens. I had loads of bike parking space then...mind you I was only 19 and didn't think about the long term effects on values.

When I sold the house the first bloke to look at it snapped it up because he hated gardening, and I got the asking price.
well we overheard something about it being a blight on the neighbourhood, so felt it was about time to sort it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyakimonkey View Post
Because you're getting it converted into a racetrack?!
i like your thinking!!
Old 08-04-08, 08:22 AM   #10
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyakimonkey View Post
Nice. You ever been there? If not it's chalk to Silverstone's cheese. I'm scared to go back there. But I will go back there.

I'd like to do a bit of that too. By all accounts they're very good.
Cadwell is a beast, its not far from me and have been a few times, but I havnt plucked up the balls to go on a bike yet.

Whole track has next to no run off.
There is very bumpy surfaces in areas, mansfield in particular is a bugger as its down hill and the temptation to brake catches alot of people out.
The mountain can catch you out.
Hall bends are awkward, everywhere can be completely dry but it will still be damp under those damn tree.

Amazing place though, its like a mini nurburgring.
G is offline   Reply With Quote