SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-12-06, 10:58 AM   #1
Alpinestarhero

Default That missing something...

Ever got that feeling you walked out the house, thiking you left something behind, but couldnt figure out what, and the feeling stayed with you all morning, before you realise what?

Just happened to me

I forgot my lunch today

Matt
Old 01-12-06, 11:03 AM   #2
DanDare

Yep, my pants!
Old 01-12-06, 11:09 AM   #3
Alpinestarhero

Uh-oh

Matt
Old 01-12-06, 11:23 AM   #4
Mr Toad

Chased a guy on an R6 down the A3 last month - I wondered what happened when he got to work as he lost his sandwiches off the back when he went over a cats eye . . . and I was following quite closely and ran them over

. . . or perhaps it was a spare pair of pants in a plastic bag
Old 01-12-06, 11:29 AM   #5
Marshall

Default Re: That missing something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero
Ever got that feeling you walked out the house, thiking you left something behind, but couldnt figure out what, and the feeling stayed with you all morning, before you realise what?

Just happened to me

I forgot my lunch today

Matt
yup did that the other day, i forgot to take some trousers to work, so i had to work in my waterproofs all day, not nice
Old 01-12-06, 12:13 PM   #6
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

About 3 years ago I did my usual routine morning thing - got out of bed, washed, dressed, cup of coffee - got the bike out of garage, started it to let it warm up - put on gloves - rode off down the road for about 50 yrds before I realised . . .

. . . I'd forgotten my LID !!
Old 01-12-06, 12:22 PM   #7
Jdubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervox
About 3 years ago I did my usual routine morning thing - got out of bed, washed, dressed, cup of coffee - got the bike out of garage, started it to let it warm up - put on gloves - rode off down the road for about 50 yrds before I realised . . .

Yep, I did that the other day...but what alerted me to the fact that I had no lid on was the fact that I'd forgotten to put my gloves on and my hands were getting cold
Old 01-12-06, 01:15 PM   #8
anna
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervox
.. a common occurance in anna world.. that and remembering that disk lock is still on and I have left my mobile phone in the house!... when all three occur in one day I know I should have stayed in bed!
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-06, 03:41 PM   #9
gettin2dizzy

yup. i used to live on the 4th floor, getting the bike out the garage (well...toilet) and getting it warmed up...then having to run back upstairs for my lid used to really wind me up!
Old 01-12-06, 06:08 PM   #10
Law

Yep, I keep my ignition key separate from other keyring stuff.

Rode off from the house to fill the bike with petrol. As the bike self armed at the pump, I started wondering where my immobiliser fob went. Yep, I left my house keys with fob hanging from the front door lock.

Luckily this was in a sleepy Fenland town and there were still there after my half mile run in bike gear.