SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-11-08, 08:09 PM   #1
bikerskez

Default Pricing up a bike to sell.

I'm looking at selling the 650 to upgrade, it's in good condition, 2004 on a 53 plate with 11600 miles, Parkers state £2240, now that is as standard, with extras that I have added how do you calculate for that?

Full lower fairing
R&G protectors
Rear seat cowl
Braided lines
Rear hugger
Front fender extender
Clear indicator lences

Any advise please

Old 01-11-08, 08:52 PM   #2
Spokey

Default Re: Pricing up a bike to sell.

I think general consensus is that loads of extra's don't add much extra value - just more desirability to those who would consider them essential.
Some would suggest taking all the extra's off, selling the bike as standard and selling the extra's separate to maximise the return.

I'd say £2200 - 2400 is fair with the extra's, but there are plenty for sale at the moment.

You don't list the pipe ?
Old 01-11-08, 08:56 PM   #3
pencil shavings

sell the lowers and Rear seat cowl separatly. you wont get much/any more for the other extra youve got on the bike.
Old 02-11-08, 10:11 AM   #4
Dangerous Dave

Added extras do not add to the price of a motorcycle, they are a personal preference and can put off some buyers. Sell the bike standard and the accessories individually maybe on here or Ebay, or if you are selling the bike private you can offer them to the buyer of the bike.
Old 02-11-08, 10:27 AM   #5
transparent_opacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
Added extras do not add to the price of a motorcycle, they are a personal preference and can put off some buyers. Sell the bike standard and the accessories individually maybe on here or Ebay, or if you are selling the bike private you can offer them to the buyer of the bike.
+1 for that. I had a car, lots of tasty track bits; light wheels, coilovers, big brakes, ARB's, hot cams etc.

I tried to sell the car as it was but there wasn't much interest. It was suggested I split it - a standard car is always more desirable - a blank canvas. I sold all the bits separate and practically doubled my money, as the car didn't come down in price (much)