SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-06-05, 03:59 AM   #1
04SV650S

Default Recommended slip on

Hey guys, I Have an 04 SV650S and currently still have the stock exa=haust sytem on the bike. I was wondering what exhaust systems you guys could recommend or deter me away from.

I am most likly looking for a slip on that will shed a few pounds of weight off the bike and I am also looking for one that You can simply swap with the stock without any major modifications or adjustemesnt, so that it does not affect the performance and work with the stock settings...

I would prefer one that is not too loud ( louder than stock is fine), also one that is slightly smaller than the stock is key. I will stick with the regular type, as in I am not looking for a high mount or an undertail...

If you guys have any suggestions or ones that have worked for you let me know,
Thanks.
Old 26-06-05, 03:14 PM   #2
tigersaw
Mega Poster

I've just ordered a Scorpion road legal system from Seastar motorcycles at just under £180 inc delivery. (For K4 - K5)
Most people will say good things about Scorpion, they are reasonably priced, lifelong guarrentee, and you can pull the baffles out too
I originally chose a Blue Flame, which I would still have prefered, but they have a reputation for awful customer service, which I would agree with, they were not even interested in selling me a £300 system, with typical Parisian waiter shoulder shrugging and can't be arsed attitude when I dared to ask for a delivery date. Meanwhile, Seastar were helpful, gave me advice and and a honest delivery estimate (up to 14 days).

HTH
Dave
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-05, 03:15 PM   #3
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Oops, just read your Location - my reccomendation may not be a great deal of help
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-05, 03:21 PM   #4
04SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersaw
Oops, just read your Location - my reccomendation may not be a great deal of help
...The guys at the shop i goto usually are able to get their hands on wahtever it takes... and I have heard the blueflame was good too ... let me know how it works out for you.
Thanks
Old 26-06-05, 08:47 PM   #5
adamfool

i've got a carbon can co end can, and i think it's great. Blueflame don't have the best customer service reputation on here... do a site search and you'll soon see!
Old 26-06-05, 09:07 PM   #6
lodman27

Default exhausts

would also say carbon can company, you cant fault there customer service or products!!
Old 26-06-05, 09:39 PM   #7
kwak zzr

ive got the scorpion and recomend it to anyone,great first mod and well worth the ££££££££.
daz
Old 27-06-05, 10:24 AM   #8
minky

Default Re: Recommended slip on

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SV650S

I am most likly looking for a slip on that will shed a few pounds of weight off the bike and I am also looking for one that You can simply swap with the stock without any major modifications or adjustemesnt

In case you're not aware, *all* cans require the entire exhaust system to come off and the original to be cut. The standard system is one piece
Old 27-06-05, 10:27 AM   #9
Warren

Default Re: Recommended slip on

Quote:
Originally Posted by minky
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SV650S

I am most likly looking for a slip on that will shed a few pounds of weight off the bike and I am also looking for one that You can simply swap with the stock without any major modifications or adjustemesnt

In case you're not aware, *all* cans require the entire exhaust system to come off and the original to be cut. The standard system is one piece

this however . . does give you an excuse to buy a full system
Old 27-06-05, 11:48 AM   #10
markfc

Quote:
In case you're not aware, *all* cans require the entire exhaust system to come off and the original to be cut. The standard system is one piece Sad
not true, i put my new scorpion on without removing the system and i'm pretty sure many others have too.