SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 24-11-18, 07:33 PM   #5741
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Nice shots but some flare there, or possibly just softness, though the last one is great. This is local to you Kenzie, cheapo but with a few films
https://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digita...lms/1321767722
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-18, 07:44 PM   #5742
Kenzie

Lol, I've just been looking at that. I miggt give him a call. Got to be worth it for four films. I was playing around with framing when I took that one. The Rolleicord does seem a bit soft, but I like the almost dreamy look.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk

Last edited by Kenzie; 24-11-18 at 07:46 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-18, 10:00 PM   #5743
Kenzie

I got the bundle. Got three rolls of Konica VX200 expired 2004, a roll of Truprint also expired. There were three point and shoots, a Kodak Instamatic 104, some Hoya 52mm close up filters, a flash bracket, a Fujica strap and a couple of other bits.

Old 24-11-18, 10:08 PM   #5744
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Some Lomo fodder there! I meant the film, not checked the Bay of Pigs but the cameras are probably not worth even trying to shift.
Looked at the pics, didn't twig first off that they were two cameras. is the glass in the Rollei clean? Or maybe a negative scanning problem? They remind me of the first RF I bought, Contessamat, which I didn't realise was infested with fungus. The Kiev ones look good but yes a light leak but seems to be intermittent, are you sure it wasn't a loading or dev thing? I do like the shallow DoF but with long focus, I guess it's more noticeable with 75mm than a normal 50mm on a 35mm camera. Nice tones though.
Old 24-11-18, 10:17 PM   #5745
Kenzie

I will have to check the lens on the Rollei, not sure something of thay quality should look like that. I'll get a torch on it, maybe the issue isn't immediately obvious. I have shot a few frames with the Kiev already but have now put some tape over the darkslide slot. Maybe the light trap seal is worn. Not sure what mag is doing it though, it may be both of them. Snaps did a real quick turn around, posted off Wednesday or Thursday and got them back today. I don't mind shooting expired film, but only if I'm not serious about the results. You can get some funky results back. I'm trying really hard to stay off ebay at the moment but as usual I'm failing.

Old 24-11-18, 10:40 PM   #5746
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I'd presumed you'd checked it out but otherwise I'd say something fuzzy on the glass, the closer to the film the worse it is, doesn't look like normal flare. Be careful cleaning it if you need to, I read some of them have soft either coatings or glass. As you say it's a top notch lens. I've put another film in my Konica (if I haven't already said), which for me is quick going. If I'm not too cavalier with the exposure then the results are great and you want to use it.
Old 24-11-18, 10:44 PM   #5747
Kenzie

Don't think you mentioned it, you and Yoko seem to take forever to finish a roll! Wonder how he is getting on, not heard anything in a while. I've got another eight shots on the Perkeo, and I have found films inca K1000, OM1, Canon Sureshot A1 amongst other. Must fine time to shoot them, the K1000 has been loaded and sat at 5 shots since at least May 2017.

Old 25-11-18, 11:28 AM   #5748
Kenzie

Just checked the lens on the Rolleicord and it's got some serious haze. Might look into how to strip it down and clean it.
Old 25-11-18, 08:23 PM   #5749
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

On all surfaces?

Yeah takes me ages to finish! I need to do a bit more experimenting with fill flash though so that will eat up a few.
Old 25-11-18, 08:26 PM   #5750
Kenzie

Just on the outer front so far. Need to split the rear elements off to check. It looks like the old lens on my RC, like someone used their shirt to clean the lens. Me at really been in to flashes, I tend to donate them if I get them.