SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

View Poll Results: Which Day
Saturday 11th October 5 22.73%
Sunday 12th October 17 77.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-09-08, 12:19 PM   #11
GMS

Default Re: Roll Up Roll up end of year Catherine Wheel Rideout... Vote the day... 11th or 12th October 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819 View Post
I rode it anticlockwise at the weekend.. honestly and no word of a lie the roads are not as good...!
You could be right its just that we normally go anti-clockwise ie Ripon ,Leyburn ,Hawes, Settle. I think the idea was that Settle was a fairly central point to finish for those from the wrong side of the hills
You thinking Ripon, Grassington ,Settle, Hawes then, ending Ripon ?
Graham
GMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-08, 12:50 PM   #12

Default Re: Roll Up Roll up end of year Catherine Wheel Rideout... Vote the day... 11th or 12th October 08

doh.. sorry We rode it anti clockwise first and that was better.. i.e start at rippon and head north, it was clockwise I didnt like.. i think... aghh I dont know now..
Old 22-09-08, 12:53 PM   #13
lazymanc

I'm interested if I'm welcome, it'll be my first group ride...

Someone posted the route on the previous thread: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sa...,1.230469&z=10

Is anyone coming across from Manchester for it?
lazymanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-08, 12:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazymanc View Post

Someone posted the route on the previous thread: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sa...,1.230469&z=10

yes more than welcome..
Old 22-09-08, 01:06 PM   #15
Dave The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazymanc View Post

Pending the weather and wife's permit I should be OK again. Why didn't you come with us last weekend?

Where about in Mcr are you? We generely meet at J10 of M60. There is McDodonalds next to it. We meet there. Otherwise somewhere of M66 on the way up. Which one is better for you?
Old 22-09-08, 01:11 PM   #16
MCN_LiamM

Working both days

Although it depends what time the rideout will be
Old 22-09-08, 02:38 PM   #17
Captain Nemo

weve run it both ways i think, weve initially met up at Bolton Bridge (nr Skipton/Bolton Abbey) so that any lancs riders can meet us, then ride from there the sceanic route to ripon, to meet more yorkshirely folk,
then masham, leyburn , hawes, ribblehead , settle, then kind of finish at stump cross caverns for tea and cake, , and then people kind of split off, either back to lancs or harrogate or otley way or whatever......

lunch somewhere in there , prob hawes cos of the chippy, sometimes weve stopped at leyburn and masham, , but personally i think these are too soon to stop after the meet at Ripon, it ends up turning into a tea drinking marathon rather than a ride.

with just a cpl of stops i think its about 4 hr, , but sometimes its ran up to like 6 1/2, if we stop a lot,
Old 22-09-08, 03:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
weve run it both ways i think, weve initially met up at Bolton Bridge (nr Skipton/Bolton Abbey) so that any lancs riders can meet us, then ride from there the sceanic route to ripon, to meet more yorkshirely folk,
then masham, leyburn , hawes, ribblehead , settle, then kind of finish at stump cross caverns for tea and cake, , and then people kind of split off, either back to lancs or harrogate or otley way or whatever......

lunch somewhere in there , prob hawes cos of the chippy, sometimes weve stopped at leyburn and masham, , but personally i think these are too soon to stop after the meet at Ripon, it ends up turning into a tea drinking marathon rather than a ride.

with just a cpl of stops i think its about 4 hr, , but sometimes its ran up to like 6 1/2, if we stop a lot,
well have none of that this time...... I can drink t at home.. I came to north yorks to ride a bike..

you fancy being the "leader" then Cap'n?
Old 22-09-08, 03:17 PM   #19
lazymanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave The Rave View Post
Pending the weather and wife's permit I should be OK again. Why didn't you come with us last weekend?

Where about in Mcr are you? We generely meet at J10 of M60. There is McDodonalds next to it. We meet there. Otherwise somewhere of M66 on the way up. Which one is better for you?
Haven't really been keeping tabs on this sub-forum, should have done really.

I'm in Prestwich (J17) but I can come down to J10 if that's the meet-up point.

Is it purely .org members or are friends welcome as well?
lazymanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-08, 03:22 PM   #20
Apophes

Weather and work permitting i'm up for it sunday would be best for me as work friday night (normaly).