SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-05-17, 05:37 AM   #4491
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Because of all the things going on in my world I managed to forget my wedding anniversary for the first time in 23 years. I knew it was due, but it's been a busy week, so it crept up and I only knew when my wife wished me happy anniversary this morning.

Time to get off this rollercoaster and have a rest.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-17, 06:59 PM   #4492
Heorot

I forgot today was my daughters 37th birthday. Fortunately Facebook reminded me in time.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-17, 06:19 PM   #4493
Red ones
Mega Poster

Passive aggressive coworkers.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-17, 06:30 PM   #4494
Trev B

Massage him gums with your fists
Old 22-05-17, 08:35 PM   #4495
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Nicky Hayden dying. So very very sad. He was such a gentleman. Called me ma'am all day, dashed to open the door for me, happily posed for photos. He asked how I'd injured my arm, when I said I'd come off my motorbike on a road he said he didn't like taking any bike on the road, it was just too dangerous with all the cars and other hazards.

Old 22-05-17, 09:05 PM   #4496
Kenzie

Sad news. My gripe is a learner rider filtering very fast in slow moving dual carriageway traffic. I signal to move back to lane one and I check my mirror before I move, next thing I know the bike is on me. Let him by and then see the same thing happen again a few cars up. Now I have nothing against filtering but not at that speed.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-17, 09:44 PM   #4497
BanannaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Nicky Hayden dying. So very very sad. He was such a gentleman. Called me ma'am all day, dashed to open the door for me, happily posed for photos. He asked how I'd injured my arm, when I said I'd come off my motorbike on a road he said he didn't like taking any bike on the road, it was just too dangerous with all the cars and other hazards.

RIP Nicky Hayden.
I met Nicky and the entire Hayden family back when he raced US Superbike. (I was a reporter at the time)
I remember when he went to WSB, he would still fly in and watch his brothers (Roger Lee and Tommy) race
the final race of the year.
They were a close family and his Mom was always at the track with them.
Very sad that something like this would happen to such a nice family.
They were all so nice and never minded stopping for a picture or an interview.
Nicky was always the most talented, he was a great rider and a great person. So sad.
RIP Nicky.

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

Last edited by BanannaMan; 23-05-17 at 12:15 AM.
BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-17, 07:02 AM   #4498
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
Sad news. My gripe is a learner rider filtering very fast in slow moving dual carriageway traffic. I signal to move back to lane one and I check my mirror before I move, next thing I know the bike is on me. Let him by and then see the same thing happen again a few cars up. Now I have nothing against filtering but not at that speed.
Yep - some people have no sense of self-preservation, even slow filtering will get you through the queue in a short time, fast filtering will get you to A&E even quicker. Drivers have a habit of changing lanes very quickly if they think another lane is moving even 1mph faster than the one they are in, and will not expect / notice a bike coming down the white line.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-17, 07:25 AM   #4499
timwilky
Mega Poster

So for years I have been complaining about my grade. My boss and immediate director plus UK HR all agree I am incorrectly graded. But a regrade request was turned down as the UK operation was to be closed down. but in fact the whole organisation was taken over and I am still here a few more years later still incorrectly graded as grades were mapped into the new owners scheme

A couple of weeks ago I agreed to take over a new role. Meaning I had to give up all my UK responsibilities. Great my boss and I thought. Now the regrade/promotion can happen.

No. HR now say the new job I have taken on has to be advertised and I must apply for it. The line management all say it is mine. But I have been back stabbed more than once over the years. Having given over all I was previously doing. If I do not get the job. I have no job!

There used to be a system where promotion was automatic merit based. I have been on the top increment of my current grade for the past 6 years. Now you have to be promoted into a defined role. The role cannot be created for you. Grrhh HR trying to stop jobs for the boys etc.
Old 23-05-17, 10:48 AM   #4500
maviczap
Mega Poster

Floor tiles, next time I'll pay the fitters to remove them, although I can't see it being done again in my life time.

Stuck down with Lucifer's tile adhesive, and they split, explode and self destruct, rather than lift easily, even with an SDS tile chisel. Blessed is the sound of a hollow as these ones are the nice ones
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote