SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-08-08, 10:14 AM   #31
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Cycling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
Did a 3 1/3 hour slog round the North York moors on Sunday on the mountain bike, some beautiful views with the heather in flower, but went up some bridleways which were way too steep/muddy for the bike. More route preparation required.

Rear brake is fubared, after long descents it heats up and stays on.
Not much of THESE in Holland so make the most of it.
punyXpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-08, 04:05 PM   #32
rob13

Just took delivery of Turbo Trainer to get my mountain bike on. I know a lot of people hate using a trainer, but im looking forward to putting it in front of the telly and pedalling away.
Old 26-08-08, 04:06 PM   #33
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchester View Post
Just took delivery of Turbo Trainer to get my mountain bike on. I know a lot of people hate using a trainer, but im looking forward to putting it in front of the telly and pedalling away.
Thats what I do to. I set it up in front of the TV and then off I go. It is boring but if theres a good program or film on its not so bad.

You might want to keep a towel handy as you'll sweat alot and also may want to think about sticking a fan in front of you for a cooling breeze...

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-08, 04:14 PM   #34
rob13

Yup got the pedestal fan out of the loft and a supply of old towels to cover the bike and have at hand.

Picked up the Cycleops Fluid 2 for a very affordable £103 including the climbing block. Also got the Race Day DVD which might be more suited when my break heals
Old 26-08-08, 07:22 PM   #35
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Picked up the Cycleops Fluid 2 for a very affordable £103 including the climbing block.
thats the same turbo as I've got good choice. I'd be interested in how you get on with the climbing block as Liz keeps on at me to get one to.

I've entered another sportive at the end of September, I'm doing The Tour of Dartmoor. But the shorter route, going to be a hilly route.

Old 26-08-08, 07:40 PM   #36
rob13

Fizz when it arrives ill let you know. Didnt have any climbing blocks left so said they would send it on.

Im looking for a decent cycle computer now that'll measure cadence. I was thinking of going properly wireless with the ciclosport 8.2 rather than getting a Cateye Strada Cadence. Anyone got any recommendations?
Old 26-08-08, 07:44 PM   #37
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

the cateyes have a very good reputation and deservedly so.

I've got a Polar CS200CAD which does what you want, plus its a heart rate monitor as well, which I find useful for training and also on long rides it helps me make sure I'm not pushing beyond my limit.

Might be worth having a look round on www.bikeradar.com in the forum there'll be loads of info / threads on computers and what to buy, but you cant go wrong with a Cateye.

Old 26-08-08, 07:51 PM   #38
Tim in Belgium

I've put up some heather views in the photo section:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...07#post1605707

Let us know how the turbo trainer goes Rob.
Old 26-08-08, 07:54 PM   #39
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Quote:
You did video all the Tour de France programmes this year?
Seriously, get yourself fit again.
punyXpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-08, 08:22 PM   #40
rob13

No I didnt record the TDF, but there is plenty cycling on Eurosport at the moment so will record some of that.