SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-07, 09:03 PM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default For sale, 2004 SV650 engine £250

This was bought as a working engine from a breakers yard, 25k on the clock, it came with a 30 day warrantee (starting 3 April 07), so technically if it does transpire there is a problem with it (they assured me it was 100% anyway as they took it from a running bike) it could be taken back for a refund under the warrantee (i.e. presuming someone buys it from me and fits it – then returns it within these 30 days). There are no scrapes on the casings, so it doesn't even look like it ended up in the breakers as it had been down the road ... breakers prolly bought it at auction and broke it for spares as they can make profit?!?!

Anyway, the reason I am selling it is that all I wanted was ‘pointy’ cams and ended up buying a full lump. So I have taken the cams from it to put into my curvy engine, I don’t need the rest of the motor. So this is complete motor, including generator, oil cooler and starter motor – just less cams (might take the tensioners too).

Ideal if your pointy bottom end is rodgered, vlave gone, pistons blown etc.

If you don’t want to swap your cams in it, I can put my curvy cams in it for you to make a complete motor again (or can do the transplant of your cams at collection time if you are unsure how but want later cams), the engine will run fine with the older cams, they are a direct replacement - it will just potentially rob a couple of HP right at the top as the later cams have a higher profile (hence why I wanted them) … thinking about it, I suppose technically the early cams might give a pointy motor bit more mid?!!?.

Anyway, £250 is a bargain for a working motor essentially with breakers warrantee (I paid over a ton more than that for the complete motor, but have discounted accordingly as I have taken cams), I just don’t need the rest of it!!!

Located in Portsmouth area, I travel around a fair bit (not normally much further north than Birmingham level) so a chance of a meetup possible with prior arrangement. Else it is a collection job.

Oh and engine number is present and correct incase you were wondering!!

I waffled a bit there but I wanted to make it clear what you are getting and my reasons for sale!

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 03-04-07 at 09:11 PM.

Old 07-04-07, 08:51 PM   #2
Blue_SV650S

Default Re: For sale, 2004 SV650 engine £250

Ok, I have put the curvy cams back in the engine, set the valve timing and checked all the valve gaps - all are within tolerance ... I left the tensioners on it in the end, so you still have the later tensioners Its now a pointy lump with curvy cams, this will have no detriment to the running of the engine (just potentially knock a HP or two off the top end).

So basically it is a full lump again - bolt it straight in and fire it up!!

You still have ~3 weeks of warranty with this motor ... so get it in quick!!

Old 17-12-07, 09:20 PM   #3
bigbob30

hi have you still got the sv650 engine let me no thanks rob.

Old 17-12-07, 09:47 PM   #4
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob30 View Post
hi have you still got the sv650 engine let me no thanks rob.
Sorry dude, sold a long time ago!!

Closed Thread