SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-04-10, 05:03 PM   #1
Flameboy

Default "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

not at all in the mood to look if this has been mentioned, as my bike has been seized today for failure to prove it is restricted apparently there should be some sort of visual plate that the police can just check if they pull you? As far as i have read and been aware there isnt even an offical certificate for this?

And if this is the case, with the ecu bikes what stops yo getting this plate and changing the ecu over?? so as you can imagine im quite annoyed about the whole thing and would like to know the if anyone has the letter of the law that states a visual plate must be fixed to some part of the bike or whatever

33bhps beware?

maybe there is something and i've missed the whole thing? let me know...

ARG
Old 24-04-10, 05:10 PM   #2
shifter

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

Sorry I know it doesn't answer your question but - C**ts
Old 24-04-10, 05:12 PM   #3
Holdup

Default Re: "33bhp?" Yes "i dont believe you, I'll seize your bike and take you to court"

AFAIK its not a legal requirement to have a certificate or any plate saying its 33bhp, but some one else will let you know, might be worth talking to one of the org officers and they should be able to advise more.
Old 24-04-10, 05:14 PM   #4
Sally

Jobsworths.
Old 24-04-10, 05:16 PM   #5
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Wtf?
First I've heard of it. Seek legal advice ASAP, in my opinion.

Whichever tw*t copper responsible for this wants stringing up by the knackers and setting on fire!
Old 24-04-10, 05:18 PM   #6
ArtyLady

Typical of this country and the state it's in - guilty until you proove yourself innocent I've never heard of this before and I hope you get your bike back very soon - if they are wrong then go to town and take it to the papers TV etc - I would!
Old 24-04-10, 05:19 PM   #7
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

I would definitely be looking into taking the police to court for your incurred expenses and the fee which will almost certainly be charged by the tow firm.
Old 24-04-10, 05:21 PM   #8
Geodude
Mega Poster

Never heard of this before, the coppers that seized your bike weren't pikey's in disguise were they?

Electrical fault finding guide and Regulator rectifier test

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-10, 05:23 PM   #9
husky03
Mega Poster

Total C**ts-never met anyone in the job who has done this-fight it.
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-10, 05:24 PM   #10
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Are you in RAC/AA or a union which can give you free legal advice?If so start there.
One other thing-----Is your bike restricted?If so offer to get it dynoed to prove it(at their expense).If its not restricted you are in the ****.