SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 17-02-09, 09:16 PM   #1
etuna

Default insurance in London officially sucks (yes its another insurance post)

32, 1 yr license and NCB - GSXR750 04 £4k on drive

SW18 £1.1k & £500XS

Canterbury (where mrs lives and I spend weekends) £350 & £300XS

Hmmmmm
Old 17-02-09, 09:19 PM   #2
kwak zzr

Default Re: insurance in London officially sucks (yes its another insurance post)

thats why i had the 600, the 750 was silly cash.
Old 17-02-09, 09:21 PM   #3
ahmedf

Default Re: insurance in London officially sucks (yes its another insurance post)

i know the feeling mate,

sw18
yamaha r6 2004

these are the bad bits:
no NCB
20, therefore restricted
excluding commuting (to uni)

£9,999 and that was only 2 companies. same for a cbr600rr

i mean i know im young and "irresponsible" but its quite stupid really as the bike wasnt even half that much. didnt even bother looking at the excess.

thats why i stuck with an SV but still quite pricey for that.
Old 17-02-09, 09:22 PM   #4
etuna

tbh 600 was still £800+ in SW and approx £300 in kent

My interpretation from the difference in quotes is that it is all about theft and not ability of rider/ propensity to wrap around a lamp post.

edit - in ref to kwak zzr
Old 17-02-09, 09:24 PM   #5
etuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedf View Post
i know the feeling mate,

sw18
yamaha r6 2004

these are the bad bits:
no NCB
20, therefore restricted
excluding commuting (to uni)

£9,999 and that was only 2 companies. same for a cbr600rr

i mean i know im young and "irresponsible" but its quite stupid really as the bike wasnt even half that much. didnt even bother looking at the excess.

thats why i stuck with an SV but still quite pricey for that.

are you in Wimbledon/ Earlsfield chief? - what do you ride and Ill keep an eye out
Old 17-02-09, 09:25 PM   #6
Paws

Its london hun, and kept on a drive, v few ins co's like london postocdes-let alone a 4 k bike non-garaged in london
try mce, carole nash, simply and h&r
Old 17-02-09, 09:27 PM   #7
ahmedf

yep im in southfields (off kimber road), i commute past earlsfield station every day (st georges hospital s my uni).

blacked out pointy with scorpion street extreme fitted without baffle (if u dont see me u will deffinetly hear me)

if not that then a honda @ 125 scooter for the not so nice days we've been recently having.

what you riding seen a couple of black curvys in the hospital and blue pointy once near the earl of spencer pub.

Last edited by ahmedf; 17-02-09 at 09:30 PM.
Old 17-02-09, 09:31 PM   #8
etuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedf View Post
yep im in southfields (off kimber road), i commute past earlsfield station every day (st georges hospital s my uni).

blacked out pointy with scorpion street extreme fitted without baffle (if u dont see me u will deffinetly hear me)

if not that then a honda @ 125 scooter for the not so nice days we've been recently having.

what you riding seen a couple of black curvys in the hospital and blue pointy once near the earl of spencer pub.
Blacked out pointy with stubby GP carbon can. Random!
Old 17-02-09, 09:36 PM   #9
ahmedf

hahaa never seen another black pointy. someone in my uni has a grey pointy but other than that no more pointies. will keep an eye out.
you work locally then?
btw no legal road races if you see me please (i've only got 33bhp)
Old 17-02-09, 09:39 PM   #10
etuna

I work in the city chief. Will keep an eye out!

pm me re hook ups or summat if you fancy. I cant ride for toffee so your 33 beats my 70 odd horses!