SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2011 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2011 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 14-10-10, 11:17 AM   #11
Berlin

Default Re: Have you noticed it yet?

Anyone wo says "maybe" or "I'll try" in any thread to do with the AR11 means they aren't coming. They just want to feel like they're in the huddle.

Its a scientific fact.

Its next year! There's absolutely no reason barring death, redundancy or diablement that someone can't commit to this.

You can't say its because of money because you have 9 months to save. You can't say its because of time because a year is a good enough heads up. You can use an MOT, bust bike, worn tyres, flat battery or any other poor excuse. Its a year away! Plan better!

If you're going, you're going. None of this "I'll think about it" or "I'll try and make it" or "Hopefully, I can be there"

Commit! and go!

C
Old 14-10-10, 11:17 AM   #12
collis

Default Re: AR11 Chattanooga chit chat

how are you going to be asking for suggestions?
I can think of somewhere but timing would be key to the run.
Old 14-10-10, 11:20 AM   #13
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Default Re: AR11 Chattanooga chit chat

We'll put up a thread asking for the proposals in detail, with a deadline.
Then we'll put the proposals into a poll and the one with the most votes wins!!
Messie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-10, 11:24 AM   #14
Quedos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
Anyone wo says "maybe" or "I'll try" in any thread to do with the AR11 means they aren't coming. They just want to feel like they're in the huddle.

Its a scientific fact.

Its next year! There's absolutely no reason barring death, redundancy or diablement that someone can't commit to this.

You can't say its because of money because you have 9 months to save. You can't say its because of time because a year is a good enough heads up. You can use an MOT, bust bike, worn tyres, flat battery or any other poor excuse. Its a year away! Plan better!

If you're going, you're going. None of this "I'll think about it" or "I'll try and make it" or "Hopefully, I can be there"

Commit! and go!

C
how about the fact that I can't ride to far because my back is shot I really don't fancy taking 3 days to get there. And yes I made Hovis's funeral but just ask Dizz what i was like at Sandbach on the way back ( and how many painkillers I downed). I need to know where location is before I can commit.

so
Old 14-10-10, 12:02 PM   #15
Specialone

Quote:

Its a scientific fact.

Commit! and go!

C
+1, I WILL be there, end of, unless its Scotland, aint travelling that far
Old 14-10-10, 12:12 PM   #16
Jabba

Quote:
diablement
Someone turning into the Devil?
Old 14-10-10, 12:35 PM   #17
Berlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quedos View Post
how about the fact that I can't ride to far because my back is shot I really don't fancy taking 3 days to get there. And yes I made Hovis's funeral but just ask Dizz what i was like at Sandbach on the way back ( and how many painkillers I downed). I need to know where location is before I can commit.

so
So why not say "I'd love to be there but I can't make it for my back, unless its just down the road".

And it must be some back problem if it's not going to be fixed in a years time! (seriously)

Last edited by Berlin; 14-10-10 at 12:50 PM.
Old 14-10-10, 01:06 PM   #18
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:

Its a scientific fact.

Commit! and go!

C
I don't remember ever seeing you there before?
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-10, 02:02 PM   #19
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

I had a dream last night...and woke up wondering when the AR would resurface.
I better start bike training then

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-10, 03:41 PM   #20
Berlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I don't remember ever seeing you there before?
I've never been, I've never suggested "I might go", I've not ever said "I'd maybe be there" or anything to that effect. I was racing the weekend it was on.

I've been running forums based trips for nearly a decade and anyone who doesn't fully commit isn't going to show up. They just want to feel part of the planning and groupiness of it all. The "ooh! Me too!" brigade.

Sorry if I've hit a nerve but one of my pet hates is no-shows. Say you're going to be there and be there, at the time you said you'd be there with the gear you said you'd bring and extra beers.

C