dyzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-10, 05:54 PM   #12
Ed

Default Re: AR11 - Ed's proposal - short version

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzio View Post
400 miles, again...

that should scrub the tyres in
Yeah well sorry about that mate. It's not as far as Hay.

I've done a really detailed piece, it's a question of uploading the pics to photobucket and copying all the links, I just haven't had time to do it.

On the dogs thing, yes I know that's what it said on the website
Old 26-10-10, 05:57 PM   #13
Ed

Stupid me forgot to say, yes there is a date restriction. The campsite already has a block booking for the first 2 weeks of August.
Old 26-10-10, 06:29 PM   #14
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

1st week of July it is then

Brill work Ed, you have put some effort in and looks great. Dates dependant I will be there minus Samson so I can get slaughtered this year
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-10, 05:53 AM   #15
-Ralph-

This looks good Ed.

What's the crack with the electric hook-ups? Do you have to book your pitch or is it first come first served?

I take it people who have taken dogs to the AR in the past just don't do the rideout? Fizz's quote on the website regarding the dogs is a very good point, you can't leave them alone during the day. I would try to get Sandrine to join in this year, which means she can bring the car, the big tent and the dog, but she might want to do the rideout. Could put the dog into kennels, but I don't like doing that when we are camping, I feel like he should be with us. If there was a local kennel where you could book the dog in just from early Saturday morning to Saturday evening, that may be a useful facility for some of the dog owners to have.

Wem isn't actually too bad to get to from Ireland, there are ferrys from Dublin to Holyhead, then about 2 hours ride from there.

What Ed says about NW police is true, but what does worry me in NW on occasion is that b****y helicopter that wastes taxpayers money by being used as the worlds most expensive speed camera. You don't need to be riding like a complete knob for it to snap you doing 80mph in a 60 limit. I have only ever seen it operating within 10-15 miles of the North Coast though, so as long as we weren't going too close up towards Conwy we may be OK. Maybe Luckypants or xXBadgerXx can tell us more about where/when it tends to operate.
Old 27-10-10, 08:32 PM   #16
Ed

Kennels - good idea, I'll check it out.
Old 28-10-10, 10:23 AM   #17
chris8886
Mega Poster

this place looks great to me, i have one question if i may? will this place allow us to have a fire? that was about the only thing i was disappointed with this year, no fires were allowed!
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-10, 11:10 AM   #18
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

I think somehwre in the long version there is the information that there COULD be a fire. It would need Ed or someone to sort out a raised fire bucket type of container, so I guess a 'watch this space' is appropriate.
Messie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-10, 11:19 AM   #19
dyzio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
that was about the only thing i was disappointed with this year, no fires were allowed!
I think somebody forgot to tell this to the Sunday crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
so although the site is a little sensitive about noise, I don’t think we’d disturb anyone, not least with a pub in the way.
Just a question...
Could this be a problem? We weren't exactly quiet this year, and I assume previous years were similar.

Last edited by dyzio; 28-10-10 at 11:24 AM.
dyzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-10, 06:02 PM   #20
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
I think somehwre in the long version there is the information that there COULD be a fire. It would need Ed or someone to sort out a raised fire bucket type of container, so I guess a 'watch this space' is appropriate.
Exactamundo... I gotta contact a farmer I know to see if he will lend us a bucket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzio View Post
Just a question...
Could this be a problem? We weren't exactly quiet this year, and I assume previous years were similar.
No I don't think so, we're quite a way away from the caravans. What would cause irritation is if we all rode back at 11.30pm and revved engines etc as the road goes through the CV part of the site. Given that they have karaoke etc I honestly don't think it an issue.