SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2011 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2011 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 23-11-10, 01:41 PM   #21
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Default Re: 7-9th JULY, site bunks booked out recently.

Right, I have answers...

20 hotel rooms were used and I believe most of those were double occupancy
8 people stayed in the dorms

so...you're looking at 40-48 people not camping and opting for hotel/B&B/Dorms and don't forget, Pete and Lissa stayed at a B&B off site as well, so possibly as many as 50 people not camping.
Old 23-11-10, 02:22 PM   #22
Stig

There are quite a few that used the Hotel and Dorms who would have camped had the those alternative options not been there. Just because those people did use the dorms and Hotel, that isn't stating categorically they would not camp. I stand by what I posted. The dates should have remained with a caveat stating the dorms would be unavailable for that weekend.
Old 23-11-10, 02:31 PM   #23
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
There are quite a few that used the Hotel and Dorms who would have camped had the those alternative options not been there. Just because those people did use the dorms and Hotel, that isn't stating categorically they would not camp. I stand by what I posted. The dates should have remained with a caveat stating the dorms would be unavailable for that weekend.
Agree....that's why I said opting for hotel/dorms...doesn;t mean they won't camp. If I remember correctly, I think there were half a dozen people or so that contacted me that really didn't want to camp...so they just called and booked their rooms early to secure them.

No reason they can't do that again for AR11.

AR10 was just a very convenient venue for having those options available. I There has never been such a need for other accommodation in the past, so a few B&B rooms and maybe a local B&B or two should be fine.
Old 23-11-10, 03:04 PM   #24
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntygiggles View Post
Right, I have answers...

20 hotel rooms were used and I believe most of those were double occupancy
8 people stayed in the dorms

so...you're looking at 40-48 people not camping and opting for hotel/B&B/Dorms and don't forget, Pete and Lissa stayed at a B&B off site as well, so possibly as many as 50 people not camping.
So, if we are to 'assume' those sort of numbers opt for the 'alternative' to camping....thus fills the 40 available spaces in the bunkhouses available. Those bunkhouses sleep both 4 persons and 6 persons, Plus there are 6 B&B rooms onsite, doubles and a single from the top of my head.

There is a Youth Hostel in Ingleton, and another 2 B&Bs in Austwick, theres many a B&B in Settle.....but most prefer to be a little nearer. I have reccyed these once, and have said so in my first proposal thread.

Although cancellin the option for 6-9th July, you also have to think about this scenario....do we reallly want to just opt for a field, without alternative accomodation, thus removing some 40 odd potential orgers from our event?
Also do we really want to be told to be kept quiet by teachers who are responsible for 40 school children using the bunkhouses on that particular weekend?

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-10, 03:14 PM   #25
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
So, if we are to 'assume' those sort of numbers opt for the 'alternative' to camping....thus fills the 40 available spaces in the bunkhouses available. Those bunkhouses sleep both 4 persons and 6 persons, Plus there are 6 B&B rooms onsite, doubles and a single from the top of my head.

There is a Youth Hostel in Ingleton, and another 2 B&Bs in Austwick, theres many a B&B in Settle.....but most prefer to be a little nearer. I have reccyed these once, and have said so in my first proposal thread.

Although cancellin the option for 6-9th July, you also have to think about this scenario....do we reallly want to just opt for a field, without alternative accomodation, thus removing some 40 odd potential orgers from our event?
Also do we really want to be told to be kept quiet by teachers who are responsible for 40 school children using the bunkhouses on that particular weekend?
Allowing people to vote for themselves would have given the answer without hassles, complications, arguments or discussions. Simples.
Old 23-11-10, 03:19 PM   #26
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:

It wouldn't remove 40 odd people Lou.

If you have 6 B&B rooms, so long as the people that want them know that and book early, then they'll be fine. Most of the people chose the B&B option purely because it was there but have happily camped in the past!

Personally, I'd just start a new poll, put up when the dorms are and are not available and then allow people to make a new, informed choice, but make a short poll to be timely!
Old 23-11-10, 03:51 PM   #27
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

I didn't put my vote in for the venue because both options were equally good in my opinion. However if one of the venue options had been for a place without alternatives to camping then that would not have got my vote and the one with choices would have done.

If people want to offer a venue now that does not have alternatives to camping then I suggest that we need a new poll to choose where we have the AR11. That is the only logical answer. If Dizzy can look at the alternative accomondation options and put them forward then fine; at least we know what's there.

Several people who voted for this critical week end have voted for other dates as well. They may have done so in the belief that the accomodation was available on all dates. Knowing the bunkhouse is unavailable on a date may have affected their choices.

I think the current date should be closed and another set up when we have a little more information
Messie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-10, 04:01 PM   #28
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

My post was just to make clear that only a few of those that chose the alternative option would not have attended if it was not available. Lou has said that there are 6 B&B rooms and nearby B&B's so I don't consider this date to be one that does not have alternatives to camping. It does. So yes, would be good to have an idea of what B&Bs are close by
Old 23-11-10, 04:03 PM   #29
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Like I said, all the dates above, were available at the time the poll was put up.
Unfortunately, another party has booked all the bunkhouses on that particular weekend, which poses an issue to some.
The site owner has said that the other dates are still fine.....but don't expect someone not to come along and book them, as it is a campsite. The dates put forward were on the belief they were available, I am not a xmas fairy that can stop the world booking something from under us in the meantime.

Whys is the only logical answer, to re poll a venue for the AR11?

I have already posted in the original proposal where alternative accomodation is, but if I have to clarify it again in another thread, then so be it. I shall do it when the poll has closed for the dates, and the site has confirmed the booking. Orose is to be going up to the site after the poll has closed.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-10, 04:12 PM   #30
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Like I said, all the dates above, were available at the time the poll was put up.
Unfortunately, another party has booked all the bunkhouses on that particular weekend, which poses an issue to some.
The site owner has said that the other dates are still fine.....but don't expect someone not to come along and book them, as it is a campsite. The dates put forward were on the belief they were available, I am not a xmas fairy that can stop the world booking something from under us in the meantime.

Whys is the only logical answer, to re poll a venue for the AR11?

I have already posted in the original proposal where alternative accomodation is, but if I have to clarify it again in another thread, then so be it. I shall do it when the poll has closed for the dates, and the site has confirmed the booking. Orose is to be going up to the site after the poll has closed.

Lou...if other dates get booked up, that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Like you say, there is no way of holding all the dates and making them wait on us. The AR has always been a camping weekend and having alternatives on site has been a bonus and that is what you have found for us.

No idea why there would be a need to re-poll on a venue.

Yorkshire got voted in, it's just the dates now...I don't think this is that big of a deal...just a case of letting people know. As people can't change their votes, a new poll for dates is, as I see it the logical option as it allows people to amend their dates if they wish.