SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Tyres Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 12-02-08, 12:02 PM   #31
thor

Default Re: Michelin Pilot Road 2

So, given that my avon vipers are getting a bit square now I was thinking of getting the Pilot road 2s. Blue, what is your opinion on the diablo corsa 3s then?
Old 12-02-08, 12:08 PM   #32
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor View Post
So, given that my avon vipers are getting a bit square now I was thinking of getting the Pilot road 2s. Blue, what is your opinion on the diablo corsa 3s then?
Never used them, so can't really comment on that tyre. What I will say though is that I love their supercorsas track tyres and even their supercorsa road tyre.
Old 12-02-08, 12:19 PM   #33
thor

Ever tried vipers?
Old 12-02-08, 12:32 PM   #34
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Ever tried vipers?
I have tried various Avons in the past, but not on the Sv and not a viper, no.

Basically, as long as it isn’t a Michelin it'll be fine by me!!

Its not like I stick to the rules either, I currently have a Conti Attack on the front and a 020 on the rear!!
Old 12-02-08, 01:45 PM   #35
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
what is your opinion on the diablo corsa 3s then?
IMHO I realy like them. I've tried them on my GSXR and my other half 749S really good tyre. Heat well, give good grip cold, dry or wet and for me give really good feel and feedback so I can tell what the bike is doing.

Definately superior IMHO to the 2CT and streaks ahead of the 014.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-08, 04:36 PM   #36
Tim in Belgium

I don't believe they do the Corsa 3 in SV sizes yet
Old 12-02-08, 05:13 PM   #37
thor

Indeed. Bugger.

http://www.pirellityre.com/web/catal...RSAIII_HYP.xml
Old 12-02-08, 06:04 PM   #38
Fearg

No offence intended here but it seems tha both Blue and Fizz for their own reasons are against using a particular tyre manufacturer due to bad experiences on a particular tyre(s). It just seems odd to me that gives just cause to say I won't buy from that manufacturer again. I can understand saying you don't like the current offering and even past offerings but if everyone started raving about a new tyre that was the mutts nutts would you not be even slightly curious to try it? I know we all have our favourites and it is a very personal things what 'feels' right so no judgment just curious.
Old 12-02-08, 06:16 PM   #39
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearg View Post
if everyone started raving about a new tyre that was the mutts nutts would you not be even slightly curious to try it?
Yep why do you think I've tried all those

The 014's was a real hate thing. Bike spun up twice on different days. Dry road, no diesel good surface. Turn into a corner feed power in nice and gently and smoothly next thing I know back wheel is trying to come past me. Absoloutly no warning at all. Coupled with my GSXR ate a rear in 1800 miles just makes them IMHO poor value for money. So for me sh*t scarey lack of feedback plus p*ss poor life = **** Tyre. I never had that trouble with 020's but at the point I had them I hadnt tried anything else. swapped for Z6's and cor blimey much better.

I know what I like now and I know how I want a tyre to feel and the Corsa III's give me everything I want. Same goes for the Z6's on the SV. I dont see the sense now in changing from these for the sake of change sake. Also I've just about squeezed 4000 miles out of the rear Corsa III, which for what I use that bike for is good value for money to IMHO.

Its just my opinion and I wouldnt try and put anybody off a certain brand, its just heres my experience and heres what I found. Best way to evaluate a tyre is to try it yourself and make your own mind up.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition

Last edited by fizzwheel; 12-02-08 at 06:21 PM.
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-08, 06:28 PM   #40
petevtwin650

Yep, fings do change in the tyre world.

When I were a lad !, the first thing you did was ditch the Bridgestone standard fitment tyres and put on Dunlops.