Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 05-08-09, 07:03 PM   #11
joshmac

Default Re: Ace Cafe, 31/08/09

I'll let you know nearer the time when I know what I'm doing
Old 05-08-09, 11:47 PM   #12
Baph

Right, slight change of plan. I'll now be at the ace on the 28th in the evening. I may be there on the 31st too, but thats looking unlikely at the moment.
Mark, i suggest you go back to post 3 and read the last line again. I initially thought it was a sunday, laura corrected me, so i edited the post.
However, as you seem intent on getting involved with the 'politics' i want to make something clear to all right now. The sole reason for me being in the area is that i'm visiting laura - thats why i've been up & down the m6 a lot recently. Should anyone not wish to meet both of us at the ace, then i would suggest not attending.
Other than that caveat, open invite to all, on a friday, after work. Perhaps that suits better than a bank holiday monday lunch time? Those that would rather stay at frith, we won't be coming that far into the city.
At least no-one can say i haven't put the effort in. Last time was too short notice, this time was the wrong day/time. Both those factors have been changed.
Old 06-08-09, 12:13 AM   #13
rictus01
Mega Poster

, Love it yeah yeah dates wrong and all that, ok I'm sure that's what she ment , friday evening everyone is in another well known location from "after work until late" or hadn't you realised? and as to when I can go or not to the Ace I think I'll choose thanks .

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!

Last edited by rictus01; 06-08-09 at 12:28 AM.
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 12:23 AM   #14
metalmonkey

I'll wait until nearer the time, the goal post on what day it is seem to moving; besides I have no idea yet when I'm working around those dates its a busy w/end work wise so it changes without notice.
Old 06-08-09, 08:18 AM   #15
Mr Stroppy

Bugger! The date change screws me! I can't make it on Friday but can on Monday!
Old 06-08-09, 10:20 AM   #16
Paws

Rictus-not that i really do NEED to reply but hey ho, yes i was only pointing out he had put the wrong date, hence as it says in the 3rd post: Hey anyone can get their dates wrong (blushing smiley).That WAS all his edit was as far as im aware!

Baph has also mentioned that he knows its soho/frith on 28th but we aren't coming that far in- him cause he hates the city and will get lost (again!) and me as i have alternate plans/meeting at ace with someone, so i believe he posted this up asking if anyone wanted to meet at Ace instead-like i said i'll already be there so this is what he has planned not me.

Mr Stroppy, Monday may still be on, depends on how hungover i am/ if i can be bothered to square off me nicely scrubbed tyres this near another trackday

Last edited by Paws; 06-08-09 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-08-09, 10:22 AM   #17
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stroppy View Post
Bugger! The date change screws me! I can't make it on Friday but can on Monday!
As i said, it's possible i'll be there both days, but unlikely. I should be able to put up a post confirming the latter date, but that will be short notice.
Mark, if you can't see what was edited, the forum software does track changes, any mod can confirm i only changed one word in that post. Feel free to ask them.
I know that friday is frith, but there's nothing wrong with a little choice is there?
As for people choosing for themselves, you're dead right. I just think it's better to make an informed decision.
Old 06-08-09, 10:24 AM   #18
Alpinestarhero

friday night?

at the ace?

i smell dinner in the form of burgers and chips
Old 06-08-09, 10:36 AM   #19
Baph

It'll be good to meet you finally matt, but don't feel under pressure to get there on the friday. I'm going to try get there both days.
Paws, i was going to comment about getting lost etc, but yea, by bike i prob would. Unless i can get the sv on the tube... I can easily find frith by tube. I was there the other week. (Before anyone comments, i wasn't there on a friday, and other things prevented me meeting anyone.)
Old 06-08-09, 10:41 AM   #20
Paws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpinestarhero View Post
friday night?

at the ace?

i smell dinner in the form of burgers and chips

Sounds good to me