SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 15-02-10, 08:07 PM   #1051
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob969 View Post
To top it all of i went into work today and found out that i'm going to get promoted
Well that is good news

Did you apply for something or just brown nose your way up the ladder

As for getting rid of your Zafira for a Signum

Love my Zafira, although I'd like the Gsi version, but the oil burner is fast enough anyway, although I manage to avoid any points upgrade thanks to a driver awareness course
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-10, 08:14 PM   #1052
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2165 View Post
Whatever made this country 'Great' has been has been lost to a greedy self rightious government whose sole aim in life is to try to extract the national debt from me.
Its nothing to do with me, even though they employ me, I'm doing my best to keep this country great, although my employer does nothing to help matters these days.

But then none of the Govenments I've worked for have been any good, they're all as bad as each other, although this one seems to be the worst so far. Perhaps I'm just getting old and cynical
Old 15-02-10, 08:25 PM   #1053
Mike2165

Sorry for the rant, if its not the Government wanting to fleece me, its the ex wife. ARGHHHHHHHH
Old 15-02-10, 08:26 PM   #1054
Rob969

My zafira's ok got the 150bhp diesel but it just feels like a bit of a bus, plus it sounds more like a workvan there not the most refined diesels. The insignia i'm getting has a 160bhp desiel and is way smoother and quieter. As for the promotion, we get assessed every year and eventually when you get near the top of the pile you get promoted, guess i'm back at the bottom of a new pile now
Old 15-02-10, 08:27 PM   #1055
speedplay

Quote:
Sorry for the rant, if its not the Government wanting to fleece me, its the ex wife. ARGHHHHHHHH

You need a new patio....
Old 15-02-10, 08:29 PM   #1056
Rob969

Quote:
I've had exactly the opposite day, hard weekend of crap and more crap today. Whatever made this country 'Great' has been has been lost to a greedy self rightious government whose sole aim in life is to try to extract the national debt from me. Glad you're having a good one though Rob, feels good when it comes together
I know how it feels when it seems everythings against you felt like i've been in a bit of a rut for the past year or 2 with work so its nice to finally turn the corner. plus it means more money for trackdays this year and possibly a new bike next year
Old 15-02-10, 08:30 PM   #1057
Sean_C

3.5 years til I get a promotion of sorts- finishing my apprenticeship, though I'll be trying my best to finish early.

Congrats on the promotion
Old 15-02-10, 08:31 PM   #1058
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob969 View Post
My zafira's ok got the 150bhp diesel but it just feels like a bit of a bus, plus it sounds more like a workvan there not the most refined diesels. The insignia i'm getting has a 160bhp desiel and is way smoother and quieter. As for the promotion, we get assessed every year and eventually when you get near the top of the pile you get promoted, guess i'm back at the bottom of a new pile now
Yes, agreed. If you want a good oil burner then the best I've driven is the Honda Accord diesel, but out of my price range. It is a rocket ship and goes round corners on rails. We've got a couple at work
Old 15-02-10, 08:33 PM   #1059
Mike2165

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
You need a new patio....
mmmm tempting....or just emigrate to a country that doesn't tax you on stuff you've already been taxed for at least twice before, does such a place exist??
Old 15-02-10, 08:33 PM   #1060
Rob969

was hoping to get a mazda 6 they have a 185bhp diesel but there like rocking horse **** to get hold of and the ones i found were out of my price range