SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-10-08, 03:22 PM   #41
Grinch

Default Re: Gays should be tattooed with warnings

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
its wrong to be gay in the bible
Like all religious texts... it depends on how read it...
Old 08-10-08, 03:25 PM   #42
krhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
I think the key is not to read it at all, look how many wars/conficts etc are started due to religion!

They are all.........actually scratch that I'll keep my opinions on religion to myself.
Old 08-10-08, 03:26 PM   #43
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
look how many wars/conficts etc are started due to religion!
It's people, not books, who start wars.
Old 08-10-08, 03:31 PM   #44
DMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Yup, people who have read books
Old 08-10-08, 03:37 PM   #45
grh1904

An American polititian once said something like "I may not agree with what you say, but I defend your right to say it".

I may not agree with what this clergyman has said, but it does beg the question about is he right to say it, in that if that's his views he does have a basic human right to free speach.

There is a similar situation at my work. One of my friends is gay, another is a born again evangelical Christian. Ohh the light hearted banter that goes on in our office.......................................

What is interesting is that in wanting to be accepted for who they are as opposed to what they are, my gay friend has told me that they will also have to accept, that if someone refuses to accept homosexuality as anything other than a lifestyle choice, then that is their view and they are just as entitled to hold it and express it, as a gay person is entitled to express views about gay rights etc.

I didn't fully understand what my gay friend meant by this and asked, and they went on to say that in order to be accepted they too had to accept others, even if they didn't like/agree for what they stood for etc. My gay friend also went on to say that the more accepting they were of the evengelical christian position, then the more in the long term the christian would be accepting of them. To speak out/not accept the christians point of view would only prolong the continued non acceptance of homosexuality within this religious person. My friend finished off the conversation that with gay people wanting (in some cases demanding) acceptance, it would be hypocritical if in return they too didn't accept others.
Old 08-10-08, 03:38 PM   #46
neio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
I think the key is not to read it at all, look how many wars/conficts etc are started due to religion!

They are all.........actually scratch that I'll keep my opinions on religion to myself.
all wars in the world have been over religion and teritory
Old 08-10-08, 03:39 PM   #47
cuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
But it's the idiots who read these books that turn into the extreme fundamentalists and want to go round killing all and sundry.

Religion is a complete load of old bollox, nothing but fairy tales at the end of the day.
And if i've upset any of the god squad then i don't apologise,
and if anyone is currently reading there way through the bible...don't other...He dies at the end
Old 08-10-08, 03:40 PM   #48
krhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by grh1904 View Post
An American polititian once said something like "I may not agree with what you say, but I defend your right to say it".

I may not agree with what this clergyman has said, but it does beg the question about is he right to say it, in that if that's his views he does have a basic human right to free speach.

There is a similar situation at my work. One of my friends is gay, another is a born again evangelical Christian. Ohh the light hearted banter that goes on in our office.......................................

What is interesting is that in wanting to be accepted for who they are as opposed to what they are, my gay friend has told me that they will also have to accept, that if someone refuses to accept homosexuality as anything other than a lifestyle choice, then that is their view and they are just as entitled to hold it and express it, as a gay person is entitled to express views about gay rights etc.

I didn't fully understand what my gay friend meant by this and asked, and they went on to say that in order to be accepted they too had to accept others, even if they didn't like/agree for what they stood for etc. My gay friend also went on to say that the more accepting they were of the evengelical christian position, then the more in the long term the christian would be accepting of them. To speak out/not accept the christians point of view would only prolong the continued non acceptance of homosexuality within this religious person. My friend finished off the conversation that with gay people wanting (in some cases demanding) acceptance, it would be hypocritical if in return they too didn't accept others.

Well said...........we all have to learn to accept each other's beliefs and our rights to express those should we wish to.

If you don't like what I have to say then don't listen. That's the way I treat stuff.
Old 08-10-08, 03:46 PM   #49
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
Very true, according to the ten commandments ''you should not covert your neighbours oxen'' if only they they knew next door what I get up to with their oxen...sorry might have gone off subject here
Old 08-10-08, 03:50 PM   #50
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuffy View Post
Religion is a complete load of old bollox, nothing but fairy tales at the end of the day.
And if i've upset any of the god squad then i don't apologise,
and if anyone is currently reading there way through the bible...don't other...He dies at the end
stone him too

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote