SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Madlanders For those based in the East & West Midlands.

Old 20-06-11, 09:11 PM   #1
-Ralph-

Default Heart of England Bike Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by orose View Post
I don't have a good copy of the flyer to hand, but the demo details are as follows:
Saturday, July 2, 2011 - Brum Demo - against European interference in biking
Organiser: West Midlands MAG
Ride to protest against European proposals for compulsory Day-Glo, compulsory ABS and anti-modification of motorcycles - Let Your Voice Be Heard! Make a weekend of it at the Heart of England Bike Rally.
Location: Gather at Noon for 1pm start - 'Hare & Hounds', Lickey Road, Rednal B45 8UU

If I'm honest, I didn't think there was that much interest in these sort of issues. As there seems to be, I'll try and be a bit more proactive about getting the word out about issues. In the meantime, check out the following page to find your local MAG group - they will be able to tell you about what your local authorities are up to, most of whom are finalising their local transport plans. http://www.mag-uk.org/en/members/a6342
Stand up to the eurocrats? A bit of a Madlanders rideout afterwards?
Old 20-06-11, 09:14 PM   #2
Specialone

Default Re: Heart of England Bike Rally

I'm busy that day or you know me, I'd be there
Old 20-06-11, 09:40 PM   #3
orose

As a point of note, the event is the Brum Demo - the Heart of England rally is the weekend surrounding it, giving an opportunity for those further afield to camp and be entertained Friday and Saturday nights.

Friday, July 1 - Sunday, July 3, 2011 - Heart of England Rally
Organiser: West Midlands MAG
Traditional Rally with Live Music & Disco, Good Beer, Good Food, Trade Stalls, Trophies
Includes the Brum Demo, Saturday July 2nd.
Location: Kings Norton R.F.C. Hopwood Park, Ash Lane, B48 7BB off the A441.
Web: http://west-midlands-region.mag-uk.org

Tickets for the above are £10 pre-book and £12 on the gate. The demo itself has no entry charge, although I'll be highly surprised if there aren't some sort of fund raising activities going on to pay into the MAG fighting fund.
Old 21-06-11, 06:45 AM   #4
robh539

How many bikers??? a less than mile from my house pfftt best keep the noise down
Old 27-06-11, 08:06 PM   #5
-Ralph-

Bump! Nobody planning to go out for a run this weekend at all?