SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-05-18, 04:17 PM   #11
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Rear preload for a lighter rider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
IMHO just ride and enjoy the bike, don't get too technical as majority of riders will reach their limit long before the bike does ,- maybe when you have ridden bike for a while think about improving suspension. Every standard bike setup is a compromise but if you start worrying about things it will undoubtedly spoil your enjoyment. I would be more inclined to spend any spare money on front fenda extenda and radiator guard, a hugger if you like the look, and good set of tyres also maybe an ABBA stand.
i fully agree with that.. but adjustment is free
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-18, 09:12 PM   #12
Keeperman

Hi, I’m 14 and a half stone. I have an SV 650 AL7 never changed the rear shock setting but am wondering which of the seven preload settings would be best for me. Anyone out there know?
Old 29-10-18, 09:51 PM   #13
Red ones
Mega Poster

I've always worked on the assumption the suspension has to cover three possibilities. One up riding, one up with luggage, two up with luggage. And the range of suspension has to allow for these.
First notch for light person, last notch for 2 up and luggage. I'd guess a 14st person is similar to one up plus luggage and therefore around the 3rd or 4th notch.

When the preload is right the headlamp beam should still be at the same height when you're sitting on the bike as when you're not.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote